noob-ish questions (reassurance) about going back to stock then to 1.1 and rooting

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
i rooted my nook on 1.0.1 using autonooter.. now to upgrade to 1.1 by going back to stock and using the new version of autonooter ... is this the correct method...?

download 1.1 from BN website..
run it from SD card (losing root along the way)
install/run autonooter 1.1 to re root..

now my other questions are:
1) Will i have to reinstall the 1000Ghz kernal i am currently running? (yes, dumb question?)
2)i have the adhoc hack to switch between the infrastructure and adhoc.. will i have to redo this on adb?

eh.. or should i bypass all this and just install prerooted 1.1? i just feel like that doesnt have all the bugs worked out.. blah sorry im all over the place.

thanks for any help...

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
i rooted my nook on 1.0.1 using autonooter.. now to upgrade to 1.1 by going back to stock and using the new version of autonooter ... is this the correct method...?

download 1.1 from BN website..
run it from SD card (losing root along the way)
install/run autonooter 1.1 to re root..

now my other questions are:
1) Will i have to reinstall the 1000Ghz kernal i am currently running? (yes, dumb question?)
2)i have the adhoc hack to switch between the infrastructure and adhoc.. will i have to redo this on adb?

eh.. or should i bypass all this and just install prerooted 1.1? i just feel like that doesnt have all the bugs worked out.. blah sorry im all over the place.

thanks for any help...

You are missing a couple steps.

If you want to re-root you will have to reset the device (8 interrupts), then also factory restore (erase and de-register). This will bring it back to store condition, which is necessary. Then you need to re-register your un-rooted nook> sideload the 1.1 update> then autonooter it using the correct autonooter for 1.1.

If you do not want to go through un-rooting process you can use the pre-rooted 1.1 rom and load it right overtop of your 1.0.1 rooted autonootered nook. CWR is required. I would check the xda page on that for bugs.

Yes you will have to most likely reinstall kernels, and probably redo the adhoc (not sure on adhoc)

*Edit: if you are going to un-root and re-root and you have CWR, you will also need to remove that too before you begin all this. The pre-rooted rom may be a better idea.

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
...Also one more thing. There seems to be a bug with Clockwork and 1.1. But it works fine on 1.0.1.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
thanks so much for the information, really appreciated. ok so i guess im gonna stick on 1.0.1 for now.. im liking it and no problems.. is it true that clockwork will block the update from BN? is that confirmed? .. i know it blocks updates on my OG Droid

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
thanks so much for the information, really appreciated. ok so i guess im gonna stick on 1.0.1 for now.. im liking it and no problems.. is it true that clockwork will block the update from BN? is that confirmed? .. i know it blocks updates on my OG Droid

Yea like on the droid it should block ota. I haven't been prompted to update at all yet.

sent from my rooted nook color