Noob shopping for a tablet what should I get?

cdelicath

Nov 28, 2010
First time user here!!

I am looking for a tablet to tinker with at a decent price.
Ultimately I would like to use it for videos, e-book, web surfing and I am thinking of getting into writing a few apps for personal use if possible. I see all these knockoffs and I am wondering if there are any that are better then others as far as ongoing development and what not. I would like to get one of the 10" units but I don't want a $300 paper weight. I am more then willing to go with a Archos or something but like I said I am getting this for tinkering so I don't mind flashing now and then. What do you guys think?

cdelicath

Nov 28, 2010
The Adam looks amazing but where do I get it? I'm sure it's more then I am willing to spend but I am curious.

Edit: I am seeing a release date of Dec and a starting price at $399 is that correct?

Last edited:

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
The Adam does look amazing. At this time I'm looking for a 2.2 tablet for 2 10 yr old girls for xmas and the Adam would be outta the price range anyway. But for myself I could throw down $500 on a spec'd out Adam.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
If you are searching for a cheap tablet than the link in my signature may help. It is a comparison between different shanzai tablets, most of them at about 200$ or below.

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
I've tried your link several times and can never get it to open. I'm strongly leanng towards this tablet for my two 10 year old girls for xmas: Ereader Books Android 2.2 Tablet RK2818 8" Touch Screen Wireless WiFi - US$ 168.00 One for each of them so they can play Angry Birds, etc on these instead of my Droid X! Also need 2.2 and working flash so they can play their webkinz and other flash sites.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
My 2 cents is the Huawei S7. It is not a 10", but have you looked at the 7 inchers? I just spent the past week with extended family for the holiday, two of whom are iPad users and both liked my form factor better. Said it was easier to handle and use, and the perfect compliment to their laptops and phones, fit right between them.