What tablet should I get?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
He was speaking of internal memory/storage, or the tablet's storage capacity prior to adding an sd card.

Ahh, I see. Yeah, I mispoke of memory vs storage.

A100 = 8 GB of storage
Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) = 32 GB of storage

I believe both can take microSD for more storage, but microSD cannot hold apps.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Frederuco said:
Ahh, I see. Yeah, I mispoke of memory vs storage.

A100 = 8 GB of storage
Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) = 32 GB of storage

I believe both can take microSD for more storage, but microSD cannot hold apps.

I haven't seen a 32 gig Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 , the only one I'm aware of is $250 with 8 gig internal storage and a microsd expansion slot.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I haven't seen a 32 gig Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 , the only one I'm aware of is $250 with 8 gig internal storage and a microsd expansion slot.

I saw specs online for 32 GB for it (see link in my first post in this thread). I have not looked in the wild because I am happy with my tablet and do not plan to go get a new one any time soon.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Frederuco said:
I saw specs online for 32 GB for it (see link in my first post in this thread). I have not looked in the wild because I am happy with my tablet and do not plan to go get a new one any time soon.

I did see one in the wild, as it were, at office depot, and sure enough it had 8 gig internal storage, as well as a dual core processor running at 1 GHz. Unfortunately, unlike the 7 plus which has Exynos processor (very fast) it seems to be running a dual core TI omap processor, the same one used in the Motorola Xyboard (our whatever funky name it has). Not to put it down, for the price it is a powerful 7" tablet, and the screen and the build quality seems the equal of the 7 plus which is top notch.

altar133

May 8, 2012
Oh, and I have one more question before I go to get it today- is the galaxy tab 1 7.0's keyboard compatible with the galaxy tab 2 7.0? Or are they making a seperate one for the gt 2 7.0?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
altar133 said:
Oh, and I have one more question before I go to get it today- is the galaxy tab 1 7.0's keyboard compatible with the galaxy tab 2 7.0? Or are they making a seperate one for the gt 2 7.0?

The tablets have a different form factor so you have to buy the keyboard for the Tab 2 7 , which I believe is the same as the 7 plus.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Change of plans. I am now getting the asus tf300 tomorrow!

rockon.gif

Rock On. Solid tablet. If I were buying today that is what I would get.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Yeah the tf300 should be awesome, as much as I love my Galaxy Tab 7 plus if I could only keep one tablet I would definitely choose my Transformer.