Nook Color CM7 v25 playing MarioKart 64 with Wiimote CC

kabbie1882

Feb 24, 2011
Please explain how to do this so that even those of us that went to school in Iowa (me) can understand it, please.

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
They are running CM7 and paired their Wii CC to the nook. Recent CM7 builds have working BT. :) I play some emulators with my Wiimote in bed before going to sleep. :)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Ok, now I'm inspired to get the BT working on my NC.. Any hints on where to get the emulator and ROMs?

mr.ofunk

Feb 26, 2011
N64oid is no longer avail in market but the apk is out there for download from file servers. Then use romgripper to find roms :)

andreid

Mar 15, 2011
wow! i just ordered a wii remote to do this and be like you . .. . looks like i need a control adaptor too? what is that cord going to? a power supply?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
is the wii mote paired with a nun-cuck like controller? i got the wiimote but what else do i need for hardware?

I think that is the wiimote classic or what ever they call it for traditional controler games (regular wiimote will work but is more basic). You shouldn't need any other hardware.

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
I tried playing N64 with just the wiimote but it was missing alot of buttons and the joystick. So I couldn't aim in goldeneye. The wiimote classic is 19 bucks with shipping on Amazon so that isn't too bad. And, you can't connect your wiimote through the bluetooth settings, you need a free app called WiimoteController.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011

andreid

Mar 15, 2011
BTW N64oid will be coming back to the market eventually. I have the paid version that was originally on the market. Here is an article on it N64oid, Nintendo 64 Emulator For Android, Was Not Taken Down – It’s On Hiatus Pending Performance Improvements | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

Another great emulator I have been using on nook for playstation games is FPse. Works better than PSX4droid.

are you using FPse with the wiimote? what joystick are you using if not? is this still available on the app market ?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
FPse is still on the market. It is kind of expensive though. I find it to work better than PSX4droid for me. I do not use it with wiimote, just on screen touch keys.