Nook Color General Discussion Thread

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Yes unrooted, the Evo comes with an app called “Sprint Hotspot”, which you have to pay $30 per month to use. I’m using the app “Wireless Tether 2.0.5” to tether for free since I’m rooted. My NC sees my Evo's tether fine (SSID "AndroidTether").
Hmmm...spent some time today trying to get wifi tethering to work--using the same app you suggested. As before, the nearby PCs see the SSID but not the NC. I added the SSID (both with and without security) to the NC, but no-go. Any suggestions? I might just do the ad-hoc fix if there isn't an alternative.

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

Another video, rooted, stock NC launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

Love this guys videos. Pretty fun how he describes apps.

Last edited by a moderator:

alareth1976

Dec 26, 2010
Hi to all,

i've a couple of questions about Nook Color...

1. I've read on a couple of italian forums that it will not be commercialized outside US. Was older posts (around end of october/ first day of november, near release date). Is it correct?! :S

2. Just in case I can buy it, Can I load my full ebook library (epub,pdf,etc) to it without any problems? I think that the answer will be yes, but better to ask before :D

3. (ok, not more a couple :p ) Is the official Barnes&Noble site the only way to buy it?

thx

breebauer

Dec 6, 2010
1. Not sure about that one

2. You can load all types of ebooks and readers- even kindle, after it's rooted

3. Walmart and Best Buy also sell it, no idea if they ship internationally though

Hope that helps!

alareth1976

Dec 26, 2010
Thx m8 :)
From b&n shop I can choose Italy as destination, it's a good thing I guess :D
Later I'll try the others too

Sent from my HTC Legend using Android Tablet Forum App

alareth1976

Dec 26, 2010
Lol, funny thing at BestBuy site :D
As Italian I can order it but they can't send it to an Italian address, I'll have to give an US address to ship to XD

Soooooo useless :)

Sent from my HTC Legend using Android Tablet Forum App