Nook Color Registration

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Hi all !

earlier I registered my Nook Color with gmail id and later I deregistered it.

Now I want to register it back, while using different gmail id, it is not working nor it is letting me to create a new B&N account.

So do I have to register it again with earlier gmail id ???

TIA :)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hi all !

earlier I registered my Nook Color with gmail id and later I deregistered it.

Now I want to register it back, while using different gmail id, it is not working nor it is letting me to create a new B&N account.

So do I have to register it again with earlier gmail id ???

TIA :)

You can register it to any b&n account. B&n accounts can be created with any email address. Sounds like you are leaving out some key details to your issue. Are you just rooted and logging into android (google) or are you not rooted and registering to b&n?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Not rooted or anything.

Took out of the box > registered > read a book > deregistered > Now I am unable to register it.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Not rooted or anything.

Took out of the box > registered > read a book > deregistered > Now I am unable to register it.

So did "erase and de-register".
Define unable to register, what does it do?
Did you reboot after de-registeration? What did you see when you rebooted?
Did the welcome menu start, pick wifi, enter b&n account?
Did you check this new account online to make sure it's good and functioning?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Everything seems fine about start up video, t&c page, wifi etc When I enter my email id or try to create new account, after entering those details, it says, unable to register and contact nook support. No specific details at all.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Everything seems fine about start up video, t&c page, wifi etc When I enter my email id or try to create new account, after entering those details, it says, unable to register and contact nook support. No specific details at all.

Again, did you go online and check the account in question? It may not be your NC but the new account itself.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Ok, do the "erase and de-reg" again, reboot.
-Don't enter any account.
-Log online to both accounts and see if the Nook is still reg'ed to old account (listed).
-If so, remove it.
-Then you should be all clear to reg NC to new account.

I have not done this myself but I know my account online mist my device, so there is most likely an error in their system if a device is already registered (listed) to one account and you try to re-reg it to another. good luck :)

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
@rico - thank you for replying. Actually I was trying out myself, so before reading your last reply only I did it :)

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Hell ya ! [but after 3-4 days, exam time :(]

I am gonna root and overclock :D with the help of this :D

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Thank you :)

It is a result of reading lots of articles/nook dev pages and of course this forum :D

and yeah, links from your sig were too helpful :)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thank you :)

It is a result of reading lots of articles/nook dev pages and of course this forum :D

and yeah, links from your sig were too helpful :)

;)
I may want to quote your post when people ask in what order of rooting and installing should they proceed with their new Nookcolors.