NOOKcolor Owners thread

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I haven't done anything stupid to my NC for at least 18 hours now. To avoid doing anything stupid for the next 24 hours, can anyone point me to a good tutorial or written directions on how to use Clockwork Mod? That is what keeps getting me in trouble - backups and restores! I really don't want to mess with it again until I understand better how to use it. I am currently at 1.1 rooted and everything seems to be working fine.

Sue

See Rico's tutorial sticky in the technical section.

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
@J515OP---the app is Elixir sorry it took so long to respond...
A couple of nice screen shots. oogam, go ahead and get your B&N software updated and then follow the rooting thread.

mandroid, what is the widget on the right side of your screen? I think that is the second time I have seen that one today. Looks nice.

Welcome to both of you.

-JP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks, I found it a few posts before yours as well. I knew I had seen it before but couldn't remember where and it turned out to be just a couple of pages earlier in the thread. I have it running and it is a very nice little widget.

ufkal

Feb 9, 2011
New NOOK Owner. Still playing with it. Had the root files on a sd card BEFORE I bought the Nook. Once I figure out why no videos play, then I'll be all kinds of happy. Glad this forum is around!!! Now back to page 6 to continue reading.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
New NOOK Owner. Still playing with it. Had the root files on a sd card BEFORE I bought the Nook. Once I figure out why no videos play, then I'll be all kinds of happy. Glad this forum is around!!! Now back to page 6 to continue reading.

Welcome! And if you can't get the videos worked out, start a new thread in the Technical subforum asking about it and describe the issue. I'm sure someone here can help you figure it out!

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Rico - I just realized I never introduced myself and posted a screenshot!

Hi, my name is Dave, I go by Face or Faceman online as a reference from my roleplaying days. So yes, I have been geek for awhile. I have a Nook Color, and I am addicted to rooting. :) Here's my current screenshot:
$11-02-09-1.png

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Rico - I just realized I never introduced myself and posted a screenshot!

Hi, my name is Dave, I go by Face or Faceman online as a reference from my roleplaying days. So yes, I have been geek for awhile. I have a Nook Color, and I am addicted to rooting. :) Here's my current screenshot:

It is about time!!!!

lauraepv

Feb 9, 2011
Hi,

I've been lurking around the forum for a while and seeing how helpful and nice you all are made me feel safe enough to register and ask for help!
My husband gave me the nook color for christmas (I love reading!) and am just learning about rooting and how much stuff I can actually do with my NC by 'rooting' it. I am however completely new at this and not very tech savvy. Is this accomplishable by someone with no technical experience?
thanks,

Laura

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Laura, it is indeed a task that can be accomplished with out technical experience. Just follow the threads on the borad that describe how to root watch the youtube videos and ask if you have any questions. Somebody here will let you know if you have missed anything. Essentially it is as easy as updating your Nook following B&Ns procedure, downloading and autonooter file, copying that image to a micro SD card and then placing that card into your Nook and booting it up. Once that is done simply remove the card and boot up one more time.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hi,

I've been lurking around the forum for a while and seeing how helpful and nice you all are made me feel safe enough to register and ask for help!
My husband gave me the nook color for christmas (I love reading!) and am just learning about rooting and how much stuff I can actually do with my NC by 'rooting' it. I am however completely new at this and not very tech savvy. Is this accomplishable by someone with no technical experience?
thanks,

Laura

Welcome Laura.

Rooting the NC is relatively easy for anyone, who is knowledgeable about tech stuff or not. You only need to have the right equipment, such as micro SD card of any size, the knowledge to install a small image writing programs to your pc and are able to follow some instructions.

The main thing a potential NC owner that is going to root their device, is the NC is pretty hard to break software wise and just about everything you can do to the NC can be reversed. Also the biggest mistake I see new rooters make is too work too fast, not read all the instructions before performing a procedure and then not asking for help before attempting fixes to their NC.

Here are a few of our great informative threads here in the Nook section to get you started:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ful-links-rooting-information-read-first.html
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-color-awesome-rooting-ocing-custom-roms.html

We also have plenty of great threads to get you out of trouble if needed as well.

Again, and I can't stress this enough, there are no unimportant or dumb questions so feel free to ask here in the Nook section and one of us here will happily help you out. :)

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Okay, after that inspirational last post from Rico I'm going to ask a stupid question. How do you get the NC to take a snapshot? For some reason I only remember how to do it on the Coby.