NOOKcolor Owners thread

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Ok. I'm rooted now. I think. Seems 50/50. Some things are working. Some things are not. I hoped to have a nice home screen to post but mine is still ugly and boring. Can't even get Button Savior to work. Haven't bothered looking for new wallpapers yet.

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
There. Now it's official! Not too special, but I'm proud of myself :cool: $11-02-11-1.png

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I tried using Photobucket mobile to upload to here but couldn't figure it out... So i used the PC.

SS of my wifes nook:
11-02-10-4.png

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
I have been on the forum for a view weeks, but i am now just posting the screenshot. Thanks to everyone for their help.

I have rooted 3 NCs with one more on it's way. I have successfully converted movies and watched them on the NC. I have recently added a 32 gb SD card. It has been a lot of fun.

$11-02-11-11.png

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
I am running into a problem with downloading from Market. The apps - several - just sit there saying "starting download". Two of them, which I previously purchased, are stuck on "authorizing purchase". Any ideas? Can you point me to a forum or thread?
I haven't done anything to my NC for a couple of days now. Still on 1.1 rooted and other than this download problem (actually started yesterday) everything else seems to be working fine. I haven't even installed CWM yet, because that ROM does not like me.
TIA
SUE

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I am running into a problem with downloading from Market. The apps - several - just sit there saying "starting download". Two of them, which I previously purchased, are stuck on "authorizing purchase". Any ideas? Can you point me to a forum or thread?
I haven't done anything to my NC for a couple of days now. Still on 1.1 rooted and other than this download problem (actually started yesterday) everything else seems to be working fine. I haven't even installed CWM yet, because that ROM does not like me.
TIA
SUE

Go into Nook Color Tools>Manage Apps>Select Market>Clear Cache and reboot and see if that works

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
Well, unless Market is hiding under an assumed name, it doesn't appear to be listed in Nook Color Tools. It also doesn't show up in Titanium. If I select it off of the regular app page on Launcher Pro, I can go there, do search etc. - but nothing more. Should I take my problem to a different thread, like Technical maybe?

Thanks.

Sue

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Well, unless Market is hiding under an assumed name, it doesn't appear to be listed in Nook Color Tools. It also doesn't show up in Titanium. If I select it off of the regular app page on Launcher Pro, I can go there, do search etc. - but nothing more. Should I take my problem to a different thread, like Technical maybe?

Thanks.

Sue

When you are in Nook Color Tools>manage apps, you have to hit the menu button on soft keys or buttons savior and select "filter>all". Then you should see the market listed.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
Quote/When you are in Nook Color Tools>manage apps, you have to hit the menu button on soft keys or buttons savior and select "filter>all". Then you should see the market listed.[/QUOTE]

I was having a little Market problems too, in the Market, so I followed the above directions. When I did this I lost my 'Home switcher' icons that were in my notification bar. I never used them, but there gone. Does that make a difference? Also when I went back too filter/*, it was back on 'filter/downloaded'

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
When you are in Nook Color Tools>manage apps, you have to hit the menu button on soft keys or buttons savior and select "filter>all". Then you should see the market listed.

Did that, cleared cache, rebooted, no change. Still not downloading any apps.

Thanks,

Sue

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Did that, cleared cache, rebooted, no change. Still not downloading any apps.

Thanks,

Sue

Ok maybe you guys should post this in the technical thread because i am unsure of what is causing these market issues. Maybe you didn't erase and deregister before you rerooted your nook? Did you change your google password? Is the market or internet down in your area?

sent from my rooted nook color

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
@NCNoob What program are you using to convert your movies? That's something I would like to try soon.