NOOKcolor Owners thread

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
Steve, as far as the erase and deregister part, I don't even know because I have done this so many times. What I do know is that after my last nootering of 1.1, I successfully did a whole bunch of downloads and installs from Market before I started having this problem. Since this problem started yesterday, everything else on my network and my connections seem to be working just fine; that being said, maybe it is a Google account problem since the two apps that I was using prior to my series of cwr's fiascos were both paid for and installed and now I'm get a "waiting for authorization on those two and just "starting downloading" on the rest. I'm not in any hurry at this point and am still avoiding CWR, so I'm content to wait for another few days to see what else develops before I jump back into the fray. I'll keep checking all of my threads and forums for any updates and if anything else shows up on my own NC that might be helpful, I'll post it. I guess I really don't have to have every app that sounds fun at this point.:)

Ok maybe you guys should post this in the technical thread because i am unsure of what is causing these market issues. Maybe you didn't erase and deregister before you rerooted your nook? Did you change your google password? Is the market or internet down in your area?

sent from my rooted nook color

lauraepv

Feb 9, 2011
I did it!!!
Thanks so much for the help, reading other people's questions and solutions helped to solve some of the doubts I had during the process.
You are all so helpful! :)

dangerousdee

Jan 19, 2011
@jonesygirl, Hamster Soft is really decent for conversions on your pc for your Nook. I convert them to an HTC format and it works simply and quickly.

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
That's a cute name for an app. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Congratulations jonesgirl,I love to see on this thread such a feminine screenshoot....I actually think you are the first girl to post it. Have fun with your new toy
gloria

dangerousdee

Jan 19, 2011
I got fed up with fighting my wall paper setter even in home I couldn't get landscape cropping mode just portrait. So I figured why not get Wallpaper Set n Save. Well it worked great and I am a happy camper again.

While trying to fidget with my image sizes etc. I thought I would make a custom background for fun. The rocketgirl is a 3d project I was working on for an ad. So I just made her on a basic background to see if it would work. The bar at the top extends a panel each direction. If you click the pic for larger image you can see I put little droids on the rocket.

$rocketgirlw1.png $rocketgirlw.png $rocketgirlw3.png

Last edited:

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Very cool Dee. With some free time at work, I just customized my second home screen. Got rid of the third one for now until I find more cool stuff to add.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Ok so this did not go as well, or as smooth as my android phones but it is done. Thanks to everyone for all the how to's and support.would post a pic but cannot get to upload.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Ok so this did not go as well, or as smooth as my android phones but it is done. Thanks to everyone for all the how to's and support.would post a pic but cannot get to upload.

You could use something like dropbox or photobucket to host the pic...

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
Well, I did another restore/nooter on my NC and now Market is working again. I still don't know why, but I'm not going to fight it.
Here's a new question. I have a bunch of photos that I want to get into my Wallpaper file on the NC. I have no idea how it happened, but on previous iterations of the 1.1 nooter, my photos were in both Gallery and Wallpaper in the settings files. This time, they didn't survive the process, so I transferred them from my computer to my NC and they all went into the Gallery file. But when I try to use something from Gallery file, it only shows up on about 1/3 of the screen and there is a transparent box in that I can move around to decide which part of the photo I want. I want the whole photo! Is this a file size issue and do I need to change the size of each of the photographs to get them to work as wallpaper? I sure wish I knew how it happened before, but I don't have a clue.

Thanks,

Sue

Edit: I just found the useful links and FAQs thread with the wallpaper size information. I'll try that and then come back here if I can't get it to work.

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP: Owners list is up to date: 2-12-2011

Added:
-jonesygirl
-dangerousdee
-NCNoob
-yoyodunno
-revenge8
-mtswall

Pic of the day
11-02-12-3.png

Last edited:

arjunas

Feb 13, 2011
Hello all, another rooted NC here (screen to follow at some point). I used the rather spiffy autonooter for 1.1, worked like a charm.