Notion Ink Adam Pre-Orders Delayed Yet Again, Losing Supporters Fast

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
fgknUl.jpg

The legacy of Notion Ink continues to hit roadblocks, the latest being yet another shipping delay its pre-order customers.

Slashgear blogger Vincent Nguyen was spotted commenting on the AndroidCommunity article being critical with regards to this latest bit of news in one of his comments:
It saddens me to say this...but I'm going to say it anyways. For the record, I cannot in good conscience recommend Notion Ink's Adam tablet to ANYONE at this point or in the future.

On a statement in the Notion Ink blog, Rohan has stated that just '5.31%' of their touchscreen shipments have been damaged, resulting in some pre-order delays. However, reactions of those who had pre-ordered indicate that more than this percentage of customers have been hit by shipment delays, as a rather large proportion of customers have been affected by pre-order delays.

The delays and the lax customer support responses have resulted in many angry customers and cancelled orders for the Adam. The effects of the upcoming Chinese New Year on factory operations should have been predicted, and easily announced well ahead of time. Or perhaps this is a case of Notion Ink being unable to accurately predict variances in manufacturing time. Several polls indicate that over 60% of customers who had pre-ordered received notifications that their orders were to be delayed. Even more troubling is another poll showing 30% of those customers who are going to cancel their orders.

In an effort to reduce pre-order cancellations, Notion Ink has stated that they will the currently affected customers with a 'special gift'.

Source
NotionAddicts

yoyodunno

Jan 5, 2011
Yeah I'm definitely going to wait until Notion Ink stops doing preorders, and starts doing regular orders. And, if another company comes out with a similar tablet, and similar price, I would rather go with that since I could always go return it to bestbuy or wherever if it has a defect.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Yeah I'm definitely going to wait until Notion Ink stops doing preorders, and starts doing regular orders. And, if another company comes out with a similar tablet, and similar price, I would rather go with that since I could always go return it to bestbuy or wherever if it has a defect.

That's called the Viewsonic gTablet. And it runs the Eden UI of the Notion Ink just fine if you ever wanted to. The only downside is the LCD quality.