Side by Side with Galaxy Tab:
Google Maps Force close at 5:27

Last edited by a moderator:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Written review of the Notion Ink: tech-lemonade: Notion Ink Adam Updates

8. No market or Genesis yet. (I have just started Adam update. It’s ~82mb file. Download in progress)
9. I tried my phone SIM card. 3G worked fine. SMS also works. No phone calls.
15. USB drive with 640GB was not recognized. Need to see the file format of the drive. Could have been NTFS so that might explain.
17. Till now major bugs/force closes I have seen are with:
a. Panel interface (Home screen package)
b. Browser
Both seem to be NI developed. All android core components seem to be working fine

xandor

Aug 25, 2010
This looks great -- wish I could find somewhere to order it. I'm also waiting for the Moto Xoom.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well they do have limited pre-orders. The Notion Ink blog describes where.
Republic Day! « Notion Ink

All the members of the NotionAddicts, NotionInkHacks, NotionInkFan and those who commented before 22nd of January WILL be the part of the next pre-order.

xandor

Aug 25, 2010
Doesn't seem intuitive. I wish I knew when their next round was going to be -- Honeycomb on this would be cooler than the Xoom.

yoyodunno

Jan 5, 2011
The next round of orders is going to be very soon. I think they are trying to improve their system.

I'm gonna go for it(if i'm even on the preorder list from NI hacks) because it's the only tablet with everything I want so far.

davidrumm

Jan 11, 2011
I think their ordering issues are more from CCAvenue than NotionInk. I personally had quite a lot of trouble from CCAvenue. They flagged my account because the Visa Card I was using wasn't in my name but my sister's. I finally got the money in my account and used my card. It went through but then flagged as high risk. It wasn't until today that I finally got it squared away. I was not sending them any personal information but sent them the contact information for the card services of my bank. They replied back with they removed the flag. NotionInk has responded well to all of my inquiries and have been very nice to work with.

ge2542

Feb 19, 2011
I have hadrepeated issues making my purchase and had my Visa credit card transaction rejected by Notion – CCavenue with the dreaded, “Card Bin Stop Listed”, CCAvenue claims it’s not them, but Visa, on the phone for three attempts does not even see the transaction. Not my bank but Visa themselves.

So I tried my Debit card(visa) and it went through…..ONLY to have this email sent a few days later requesting ID documentation and a scanned image of my credit card statement!

Those numbskulls. The debit card number does not show on your bank statement! And who in their right mind would

I emailed them and they assured me it was safe!…more like PHISHING. They said they needed authorization…..well the documents requested are not ‘authorization’….I already explicitly gave that to my bank.

You’d think they’d pull funds and once good, ship the damn order…..but shipping is not even due til March, so do you think they’ve pulled funds?

They say HIGH RISK. For whom?

—————————————–
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for shopping online with http://store.notionink.com/

Your order number 1xxxxxxxxx-10 has been classified as a HIGH RISK transaction by the CCAvenueWorld Payment Gateway Service Provider due to incomplete/invalid/incorrect data submitted by you. “Manual Authorization” is required for this order.

Our manual authorization procedure requires that you scan and email or in the alternative, fax us the below mentioned documents for verification of this particular order. The documents required are as follows: -

(A) The credit card statement, which clearly shows the card number and the billing address of the card. The statement should be a recent one and should be of the same credit card used for the transaction. We only require a scan/fax of the header section of your credit card statement, which contains this information.
(B) A photo ID of the credit card holder whose credit card has been used for this transaction. This may be any one of the following: -

Driver’s License or
Social Security Card or
Passport or National Identity Card or
PAN Card / Voters Card.

Please note that you have a maximum of 4 days from the date of this order, to comply with this or else your order will not be processed. You may fax the documents on 91-22-26480772 or scan and email them to [email protected]. On receipt of the above-mentioned documents, your order will be processed on a priority basis and your card will be charged.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Our efforts are to ensure that no loss is caused to any of the parties involved in this transaction. We seek your understanding and co-operation.[/INDENT][/INDENT]

——————————————-

I have two separetly appoved orders from my immediate family that will, after weeks and much effort will collapse because of the incompetence of the Notion Ink business unit. They may have built a better ‘mouse trap’ but they shouldn’t be allowed to run a street corner lemonade stand. So much for customer goodwill!

I got this email this am from Notion support….ALL with assurances that’s it’s safe to turn over my id info!

——————————————
Dear Greg

Greetings from Notion Ink!

CCAvenue has informed us that your payment, although successful, is pending authorisations.

In order for the payment to get authorised by CCAvenue, you will have to provide them with the information that they have requested for.

Please respond to the original e-mail you have received by CCAvenue informing you about the risk alert, along with the required attachments.

You can be assured that this will be treated with confidence and handled securely.

Please note that if CCAvenue do not authorise your payment, your order with us will be cancelled as we do not have a confirmed payment for it.

We request you to kindly act swiftly on this matter in order to avoid any delays or inconveniences.

Warm Regards
Sam
Notion Ink Support Team
——————————————-

Does anyone at Notion understand how this looks?

ge2542