NowSupplier Deal for Android Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenapp

Jan 13, 2011
Seeking deals for Android tablet and found an awesome deal from Nowsupplier on fatwallet.
Android 2.2 Tablet 8 inch Freescale Cortex A8 Chip, Flash Player 10, 512MB RAM, 4GB, $174 w/FS
Take a look on nowsupplier site, do find some interesting tablets.
Android 2.2 Capacity Multi Touch Screen Tablet PC 9.7 Inch with Freescale imx515 Cortex A8 WIFI Aluminum Shell - US$ 349.98

Android 2.2 Samsung S5PV210 ARM CortexTM A8 MID 8 Inch Tablet PC Support Web Flash 3G HDMI - US$ 215.00

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Greenapp I nearly purchased the first tablet you listed for $174 from NowSupplier. I passed on it, as it doesn't have market access, and I bought their Android 2.2 Tablet 8" RK2818 800Mhz, 256MB RAM Tablet instead for about $9.00 less.

NightLord

Dec 13, 2010
As things are looking now, I wouldnt seriously consider ordering anything from nowsupplier, just check the other topic. If you want this tablet, you may order it from **********:
http://www.**********/apad-a8-andro..._p47756.html?zenid=ki8n1acdqv9l7u81mldqbcgeb3

Although early versions did not have out of the box market support indeed, this particular type got firmware update on the 18th of dec, wih market preinstalled.

sinister1

Dec 6, 2010
I bought 2 of those tablets from ********** and I am very happy with them (the kids love them).
They were purchased to replace the tablets I had bought from NOWSUPPLIER, that I never did receive. I had to file a complaint through Paypal to get my money back from them. I wouldn't do business with them, look at some of the other posts on this same forum about there poor customer service, slow communication, if you get any response from them, and there excuses for extreamlly slow shipping, If you even get your stuff shipped (or as they are claiming, RESHIPPED) to you at all.
Read this thread, http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...android-2-2-tablet-rk2818-8-touch-screen.html , even FEVERHOST is a victom of their B.S. and has much more patience than I.
ANKAKA was great to deal with.

NightLord

Dec 13, 2010
Yeah same story with me, orderd my first tablet from NS, which I've never received (still waiting for paypal to review my claim).
After realizing I wouldn't get anything from NS, I ordered an other one from **********, and received it without any hassle.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The Samsung might be alright, but I have some doubts about ordering from them. It's a calculated risk...

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
I received my 8 inch A8 Cortex tablet from NS about a month after it was ordered and all I have to say is that I'm really loving the thing. It's really fast and has performed flawlessly.

All I had to do to make it work the way I wanted it, was to download the latest version of Flash (10.1) from my laptop and transfer it through the provided USB interface. There's a youtube video from NS showing how it's done.

The screen looks great but it's resistive and not the friendliest but if one spends enough time, it could be somewhat tamed. The tablet does not have android market but a watered down version called AndappStore. So far I haven't downloaded any apps but there are quite a few to choose from.

Overall, one hell of a deal for its price.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
even FEVERHOST is a victom of their B.S. and has much more patience than I.

I wouldn't go as far as a victim, as most likely I will get the tablet next week. More patience... probably. Helps having a special needs child, you learn patience very quickly.. hehe.

But.. yes.. as said... poor customer service, and insanely slow shipping. From talking to a few people, their tablets are "so people say" actually quite good. I can only comment on my experience (which hasn't been good; due to problems just said), and will comment on the tablets once they get here.

Greenapp

Jan 13, 2011
Looked around on the forum but do find some guys have great deals with Nowsupplier.
Compared to other sellers, Nowsupplier's price is the best, can't ignore this point and all the Chinese tablets are almost with same specs no matter who sells.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This thread was turning into a complaint thread against Nowsupplier.

We do not want another thread complaining about Nowsupplier.

We are well aware of issues with Nowsupplier, and that ordering from them is a risk for anyone because of their communication and delivery problems. They are also known to make many mistakes when listing specifications.

We already have one such discussion thread here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...android-2-2-tablet-rk2818-8-touch-screen.html

Some of the posts moved or deleted because they were being cross posted across different threads or would be more relevant in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.