Off-Topic Discussion

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
imagine the cafe with portraits of our screen shots on the wall :)

Your welcome dear and I will with you about sex, drugs and rock and roll anytime. As it happens I have more than a bit of experience with all of the above, tee hee. Other good news for your screenshot thread, the CM7 screenshot bug has been sorted. Should be in the next nightly. SO those oif us on CM7 that have been unable to post screenshots will be able to soon.

Cheers,

B

PS I don't drink alcohol any more so I will stick to a cafe au lait when our NookCafe opens. You can have the vino!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Now we have to convince whoever needs to be convinced, to put the"Cafe' de NOOK" into a sticky thread, so sticky that whoever comes to visit, get stucked in there for ever. I, m here already, giving last retouches, hanging t these beautiful screenshots on the walls and waiting for the permits to open. Too early for wine for me so I'm having an espresso.
gloria

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Now we have to convince whoever needs to be convinced, to put the"Cafe' de NOOK" into a sticky thread, so sticky that whoever comes to visit, get stucked in there for ever. I, m here already, giving last retouches, hanging t these beautiful screenshots on the walls and waiting for the permits to open. Too early for wine for me so I'm having an espresso.
gloria
Awesome Gloria just awesome. I can tell from personal exp that those permits are harder to come by than one might think. But I would imagine if you were to start the Cafe de Nook thread on the main page the mods would sticky it in due time. Maybe we should change the title of this thread to Cafe and see what happens as this is already well on its way to being a wonderful place to come and chat. And hey it worked for your screenshot thread.

Salute!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
LS, changing the title would be great if the OP could do it but alas that is a Mod power too. I'm sure soon enough though...

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
This is Rico's table, I noticed from his screenshots that he likes Paris or the Eiffel Tower for that matter.
4086baab-7170-0adf.jpg

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Just working the mods a little bit!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
:confused:I've wanting to ask this question for a long time but there wasn't really the perfect place... ,,,too many cries for help everywhere! I use my nook at all times holding it vertically and I'm not talking about while I'm reading a book. You would think that after so many years of pc use with panoramic - view screens, I would hold it horizontally, but no matter how much I tryed I keep going back to the vertical hold.I thing this is strange because any web site shows better horizontally. So now I'm curious to see what everybody else does!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That is a nice view too bad Rico (or anybody beside you, me and LocalStain) hasn't really stopped by yet.

I use it both ways depending what I am doing but the default is to hold it vertically. One reason is that I think it is just easier to hold with one hand that way. I think the other is as you implied, years of conditioning. We are certainly not a portable tablet generation. The kids being born today will probably find it funny when they are searching archives about the 'old days' and read this thread that we even thought twice about device orientation.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I noticed lately that the gurus are not much around, I guess they are busy with other things and probably they don’t have much time to relax here but apparently we do....so let's relax. I 'm sitting outside, sipping on a glass of French wine for the occasion, the weather here is awesome, I just posted my last screenshot on my thread and you can see the temperature in Paris...oh pardon, I forgot for a moment I was in Miami. Lets make a toast to this

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Here you go Gloria, i was at the beach yesterday as well

DSC_0108.JPG

And another of that beautiful peacock

DSC_0226.JPG

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
So, there are other parts of the country where the weather is already nice enough for the beach? You know ., it'sfunny you post peacocks pics...I know everything about peacocks
, meaning mating rituals. Cross the street from my high school building back in Italy we had a bird zoo and when Spring would come, we would hear the kind of unpleasent sounds that boys make when they are courting the girls. But the beauty of their tales is amazing! Not everybody knows that only the guys have such beautiful feathers and is not created for our pleasure but they use their tales to show it off to the chosen girl .
Gloria

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
This is his mate
DSC_0219.JPG

And the beach was spectacular yesterday 60 and sunny all day, today was a different story:( rainy cold and grey:( not that it mattered much as I was back at work today for the first time in a very long while:cool::cool::cool:. Some may question my excitement at going back to work but unemployment sucks and :eek:I love what I do:eek:.

I have always been fascinated by peacocks, one of evolution's amazing expressions of delight. Though I am not a religious person there are various and sundry myths and legends from around the world(Africa and Asia mostly) regarding the Peacock's ability to eat fruits and seeds that would be toxic to humans. Morning glory seeds are one example. The Yoruba believe that the peacock transforms the poisons into the stunning colors displayed on its tail feathers.

I have always liked that story.

As someone who spent a good deal of his life ingesting poisons(I am a recovering alcoholic 2 1/2 years and counting) it is something that has consistently brought me strength. The sanctuary where these birds lived is a private home on several acres maintained by an amazing gentleman who is, well, obsessed with birds and reptiles.

This is a sixteen foot! albino python(I think)
DSC_0253.JPG

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I hope he doesn't get the two of them mixed up! Very nice photos.

and Gloria, pontificating the ways of the Italian peacock, how many bottles..erm glasses of that wine did you say you had? They really are beautiful birds if not a little loud.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i also hold it vertically, only go wide view when watching a video
but i think it is more comfortable holding it like a book

:confused:I've wanting to ask this question for a long time but there wasn't really the perfect place... ,,,too many cries for help everywhere! I use my nook at all times holding it vertically and I'm not talking about while I'm reading a book. You would think that after so many years of pc use with panoramic - view screens, I would hold it horizontally, but no matter how much I tryed I keep going back to the vertical hold.I thing this is strange because any web site shows better horizontally. So now I'm curious to see what everybody else does!