Office Essential Apps I need from Android

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
I am new to the Android scene. I was wondering what I would use on a tablet (once I have one) for Office type stuff like

Word documents
Spreadsheets
PDFs
Databases that I write

any thoughts?
Thanks!!

Calbocano

Oct 27, 2010
Hi I Just tried Documents to Go on my Haipad 701-R and they charged me and it down loaded but would not install. It looked really good too. Would have liked to have it work. I too need something like that, but it appears to be only for phones.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Documents to Go is exactly what you want and describe. Unfortunately just like Microsoft Office, the newest version may not be compatible with earlier (read 1.5 and 1.6) versions of Android. You can find and d/load older versions which you can try before you buy. Otherwise verify at the Documents to Go will work with the Android version. Remember there are only four versions of Android. 1.5, 1.6, 2.1 and 2.2 right now. Any other number is the firmware build number.

That is my recommendation.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If downloads get stuck, restart the tablet and get back into market. Seems to fix it on some devices...

Docs to go works fine on Android tablets. The download issue is just the Market getting messed up on your non Google certified Android tablet.

charles

Aug 18, 2010
I use Documents To Go Full version on both my S7 and my Vibrant, and have had no problems. However it does not have a database module. If anyone knows of one please post it.

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
The database program i have used on other platforms was DDH's HanDBase. I really like it. They have a version for Android. Has anyone tried it?
I loved using it on my Palm T5 back in the day.

Andromaniac

Jun 14, 2011
Some other suggestions: ThinkFree, OfficeSuite, PolarisOffice + Docs to go and QuickOffice, mentioned above. Compare the features and prices,

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I use HandBase and have for since it came out for Android. Works very well; however, it does not play well with Android's habit and method of working with available memory and back-ground applications. It works well on my Acer500 and the Evo.