One Click Root for your M701/M701-R easy for Noobs like me!

Oct 28, 2010
Hello Ladies and Gentleman, if you where reading about rooting your device and were a little skeptical about all the mambo jumbo they were talking, here is a really simple one click solution, it installs flash lite but who cares, you can uninstall it later. I really used this to root my device, painless.

Here is the download link, download load it, unrar it, and double click on "Root&Flashlite" and it automatically sends all the commands and restarts your M701 and your rooted! VOILA

http://www.cheappc.com/shared/android/Root_701.rar

Have fun!

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
And if they're "skeptical of all the mambo jambo" (by which I assume you mean using terminal/adb to do it manually) what are they going to DO with a rooted tablet if they don't know their way around a command line? My thoughts are if they don't know enough to root the device manually, they probably NEED the protection of a locked-down tablet to protect them from themselves.

S87

Oct 10, 2010
I take "skeptical" to mean "I'd like to do this, but I don't want to create a $200 brick."

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Just use the XDA superoneclick.

Edit: Hm this seems to be a good alternative for some... :)

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
There are some advantages to a rooted device without the use of ADB commands or command line stuff...Titanium backup, Autokiller, Rom Manager...stuff that normally would require a true "super user" to do, would now be in the hands (safely, since that's what dev's go for) of anyone and everyone...which is the same reason the install for Linux is so simple now, because they want it in the hands of everyone, not just us geeks. Open source stuff is a movement and is meant to entice everyone to contribute, if not by developing then by monetary means or helping to debug with their specific hardware profiles.

S87

Oct 10, 2010
One important question-

Will I lose everything already on the device by rooting?

Oct 28, 2010
One important question-

Will I lose everything already on the device by rooting?

Good Question! NO! you will not lose anything when you root your device!

P.S.

Thanks for all the replies, I was looking to install "LCDDensity" to increase my resolution on my tablet, and it required my tablet to be "rooted", so I looked around for the rooting routine and looking at all those "command" lines, I got a little apprehensive, and I got afraid I would destroy my tablet.

More and more the applications I wanted to use required my tablet to be rooted, so I found this awesome little file, "one touch rooting", I was so happy! (not to type all those command lines and maybe mess some thing up). So thats why I posted this thing, figured a person like "S87" wanted to dab into these things, but was afraid of rooting their device... my humble opinion...

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
at therealcheappc:
Is this file will only work on the M701-R or will work on any tablet with 2.1 or 2.2?

Oct 28, 2010
at therealcheappc:
Is this file will only work on the M701-R or will work on any tablet with 2.1 or 2.2?

I can safely say that this will work with the M701, and M701-R, and its variants (which I mean Moonse, GPAD, etc.) with the Telechips 8902. I only used it on both of these tablets.

I think you can use the "XDA superoneclick" xaueious mentioned above for any other tablet, but I am not 100% certain, maybe someone here can tell you. Or you can google "XDA superoneclick" for your specific tablet and see if it works on your tablet. Sorry hope this helps you.

Last edited:

S87

Oct 10, 2010
Not working for me.(two different computers XP and 64 bit Vista) "error device not found"

I used this Download z4root_1.2.0.apk. instead while waiting for Android SDK to install. (I'm happy to try the "mumbo jumbo" path if there isn't an easier way.)

Circumstances that Root 701 didn't work under - M701-R connected via factory USB cable. (Switched to various ports without effect)

Debugging mode on. Internal & External NOT mounted. (Mounting had no effect).

Program runs but gives the error.

After using the Z4 root was able to install root-requiring apps.

Thanks to everyone for getting me to root.

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Maybe your Firewall blocked ADB from communicating with the Pad.
I needed to give ADB permissions before i was able to connect to my pad.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
sweet thanks! Z4 worked for me as well - now that we are rooted any pointers to must have apps?

- LCDDensity
- SetCPU
- AdFree

any other recommendations?

Not working for me.(two different computers XP and 64 bit Vista) "error device not found"

I used this Download z4root_1.2.0.apk. instead while waiting for Android SDK to install. (I'm happy to try the "mumbo jumbo" path if there isn't an easier way.)

Circumstances that Root 701 didn't work under - M701-R connected via factory USB cable. (Switched to various ports without effect)

Debugging mode on. Internal & External NOT mounted. (Mounting had no effect).

Program runs but gives the error.

After using the Z4 root was able to install root-requiring apps.

Thanks to everyone for getting me to root.

myact

Nov 13, 2010
Hi, A rookie question. Please help.
I received my Haipad M701 2.1 but I cannot seem to boot it up? Since it did not come with any disc, I can not connect to my computer either. What do I do? How do I power it on? I may be stupid for such silly question but my head is splitting trying to power it up and it does not. Thanks guys.

locohasa

Nov 24, 2010
switch slide switch to on position and then hold down the top left button for about 5 seconds max, should work.