Overclocking, how to find out what your nook can take?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks Local... I am running 1.1 (autonooter 3.0) not 1.0.1. Would this be the correct kernel:
update-eclair-dalingrin-OC-emmc-022511.zip (for android 2.1 ran off internal memory)

On the other point, I have heard that the NC app from the market doesn't run animated kids books the same and doesn't support magazines.... that was what I was thinking so was keeping stock. However, the more I play with my NC the more I realize my wife should have one as well (and will be able to let the kids play with that one and can just keep it as rooted stock) allowing me to do more with custom ROMs (especially as they get more and more solid). Thanks.

surf, it looks like the others have helped with the OC kernel question. I can verify that the special B&N Nook Color functions do not work with the app. I am hopeful that they will release an app that will also handle magazines and the childrens read to me books but the current version does not. This is also the biggest - about the custom ROMs for me at the moment.

I don't believe other readers will solve your problem either as B&N is the only one currently offering these features. You could convert your books and magazines and then side load them so that you can read them but that isn't the same.