Overclocking kernal for s7?

double

Dec 24, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knew or is working on a kernal for the s7? I downloaded set cpu and was hoping a kernal was available, I'd like to see it clocked to at least 1ghz.

AAndrew

Dec 26, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knew or is working on a kernal for the s7? I downloaded set cpu and was hoping a kernal was available, I'd like to see it clocked to at least 1ghz.

I haven't over-clocked with SetCPU, but under-clocking seems to work perfectly. Also, I wouldn't over-clock to 1ghz, you would get horrible battery life afaik.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I haven't over-clocked with SetCPU, but under-clocking seems to work perfectly. Also, I wouldn't over-clock to 1ghz, you would get horrible battery life afaik.

Andrew is correct. I would put the battery life as the main Achilles Heel of the S7, and overclocking would not improve it. Since it is already running at 783, why do you need to overclock it anyway? What are you looking to get out of it on the S7?

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Andrew is correct. I would put the battery life as the main Achilles Heel of the S7, and overclocking would not improve it. Since it is already running at 783, why do you need to overclock it anyway? What are you looking to get out of it on the S7?

My answer to this is,,,,,,because we can,,,,,mwuuuhwaaahwaaa. Just kidding, my S7 runs as fast as I need it to without ramping it up any. Movies in rockplayer are smooth, books load fast in aldiko, browses just fine with skyfire, I even listen to music while playing angry birds with no problems other than killing battery fast. The battery charges up in an hour though so no real problem there.

Ives

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
exactly...as Dr. Malcolm said, "just because we can, it doesn't mean we should!" <-obscure movie quote...

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
If the kernel is undervolted then there may not be a significant drain in battery when overclocked. There are a lot of other good reasons to have a custom kernel.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

double

Dec 24, 2010
Agree. Some kernals I've used (palm pre) have actually been reported to not decrease battery life and by some accounts increase it.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
screenshotee.png

http://rapidshare.com/files/439781502/NEWBOOT_FLASH

Is not my work and I personally tested on my tablet Huawei S7 v104 from BestBuy.
The new boot.img is from Australian version(t-Telestra).
I have found this on a Belarusian forum.

For installation you need to have adb working(as superuser) and all the drivers installed. Put the tablet on the Fastboot mode and double click flash.bat