Pandigital Novel shuts down when trying to start

snoopy11

Sep 22, 2010
I bought the White novel a couple days ago... everything was fine. Now all of a sudden when I go to boot it up, the screen lights up, the splash screen comes on, then it says "Power off - shutting down" its making me nuts...anyone know what to do.

Thanks.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
There is a reset button on it press that and see if you get out of the problem you have now. If not I would take that back to the store you got it from for either exchange or refund?

snoopy11

Sep 22, 2010
Tried the reset button..didn't do anything..is there a way to do a hard re-set?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Tried the reset button..didn't do anything..is there a way to do a hard re-set?

Try power on and press the reset at the sametime

So press hold both at the same time (power and reset) This would be called a power cycle. Use on many electronic gear.
It might work on yours or it might not?
I found that if you press power on and hold it and then press the home button tablets will power of then power off.

snowy

Nov 23, 2010
I had the same issue today. I tried the reset ...no luck. I plugged in to charge the ereader and tried ..it worked...no idea why...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
The 9" version the battery is larger and can stay charged off the cradle longer. I am reviewing here

ccyn1158

Nov 26, 2010
I bought this as well, then sent it back. Couldn't calibrate the screen, bought books, paid for them, never could get them to load. I kept getting and error message at the B&N sight, telling me to try later. Great idea, needs to get the bugs worked out.

elston1999

Oct 29, 2010
i found out if you don't power it completely off, it will go into sleep mode while still using wifi which sucks the battery life. i put it on the cradle and then it was fine. thought i bricked it when would not come on :)

vmoretti

Jan 8, 2012
i found out if you don't power it completely off, it will go into sleep mode while still using wifi which sucks the battery life. i put it on the cradle and then it was fine. thought i bricked it when would not come on :)
HOw do I brick it?