PanImage Media Tablet 7" Google Android WiFi Multimedia for $129.95 free s/h at QVC

tinkerbytch

Dec 19, 2010
I got my Panimage yesterday and have been playing with it since. I found it takes a getting used to. After all it is nothing like a PC. Still working on a proper PDF reader that works on it. I had no problems getting it online and setting up my email. I use it primarily for book reading hence why I want a pdf reader. There was not one I could find at the app market. Any suggestions?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I have created OEM ROM + MOD ROM with Market WMT2.1.6_105 Plus Market for this device..

touch image or click on image below

Market data cache gets fragmented to fix this use this below..

Market issues

Open the dock box
Select Settings
Select Applications
Select Manage Applications
Scroll down for Gmail
Select Gmail
Manage Space | Clear Data (select this function)
Select Gmail Storage |Clear Data (select this function)

Last edited:

mac66

Dec 19, 2010
Mine came today. Been playing with it for a couple hours. It is a bit slow but otherwise ok. Since this is my first foray in Android, I am not sure what to expect. Not sure what apps are available particularly in the e-reader area but I have a month or so to play with it until I have to send it back or keep it.

Nov 27, 2010
I did end up getting the tablet for Christmas and I'm typing this on it right now.

So far I am very happy with it. Yes, it is on the slow side, but it is amazing for what it is. I installed Facebook so all is right with the world for the moment. :p. Now one question I have is there an .APK for Market to install? I tried a couple, but they did not work. Do I need to install a root firmware to get it? If there is anything you guys would like to see I would be more than happy to make some videos or wite up review. Thanks!

Sent from my Panimage Media tablet

shayner

Dec 28, 2010
new guy checking in. Just received the Panimage 7" Media Tablet for Christams. I know nothing about this or the Android OS. I have read that "rooting" this device will make things work better.

How do i go about doing that?

SammyQ2droid

Jan 1, 2011
My daughter got one of these for the grandaughter and asked me to help connect to WiFi. I think this thing is a piece of crap. I hought a Droid X phone a month ago and this thing doesn't hold a candle to it.

First complaint, you really have to press the screen hard to get anything to work.

Can't connect to the home WiFi. I just installed a new Belkin 300N router. My droid X connects, my grandaughter's ipod connects, but this Panimage tablet will not. I was finally able to connect by disabling the WiFi security, which is not acceptable.

All in all, it is a POS and I'll reccomend to my daughter that she return the damed thing.

Jan 4, 2011
Hey, I am new to this whole android bit thing but I got in on that QVC deal on the panimage 7". It runs a bit slow but overall I am happy with it. I dont know about all these roms and rooting things but i was wondering if someone could give me steps on how to take this product from out of the box to giving it that so called aftermarket "update" that tipstir has been speaking of. I just want to see my tabet run at its most optimum efficiency. Thanks

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I have two ROMs for this PanImage and two more to be released later today. Right now you can have much smoother performance and full GE (Google Experience) Market, GMail, GMaps etc... Use this link Look under WMT2.1.6_105

ssimon

Jan 19, 2011
I received mine just after Xmas, not happy with it. Can not add facebook or twitter. Battery life is horrible and no place to store the stilus. Only one ebook reader application. Had hoped for more with android. Looking for an ereader app that will work with all ebook formats, especialy since I pay for the books. Also would like a way to password protect my tablet when it is powered on and password protect access to my email account always. As it currently stands anyone can pick this up from my desk turn it on and do what they want. I plan to return this to qvc and wait for a better model.

bilallucky

Jan 8, 2011
True QVC and HSN have great return policy but you know they want you to be happy with your product. I had HSN send me back an item that I needed before a time.

Jan 25, 2011
I got one of these for xmas and i love it for e-reading and a couple games. I dont know much about it and want it to be faster and have a better wi-fi range...is there anyway to make that happen? Any comments about hwo to make this any better in any way would be appreciated!! Im great with a computer but for some reason cant figure this thing out?? THANKS

hasankamal

Feb 4, 2011
I just ordered this tablet and was wondering if anyone had further information on how to root it or install custom roms.