Panimage Media Tablet Android OS question

Steve1987

Dec 26, 2010
I was wondering if i can update my tablet to android 2.1 or 2.2?? the market on the tablet sucks and its slow as balls i have a d2 wit froyo and runs fast as hell so im a little upset wit the tablet was wondering if any one rooted this tablet and installed a good rom or installed a newer android OS and made it faster and better or is it just crap?

thanks for the help

KKen

Jan 12, 2011
I would like to know the same thing. I am new to Android but what I am finding is most apps need 2.0 or better.
For example I need a browser like Firefox for Android so I can watch my IP security cameras.

I guess it's really up to Panimage or we find a clone of Panimage with a higher OS that will work.

Ken

KKen

Jan 12, 2011
There are upgrade modded ROMs for this that allow it to do much more
than the stock ROM allows. It also can run faster too. I have done
this and it now allows for a better app market with tons of programs.

I found a IP camera viewer program that supports my CISCO and Foscam IP
cameras however the video is slow compared to a PC/laptop

The OS 1.6 will be a problem with the better programs. I'm not sure
this tablet would be good for a young teenager as I am finding they
are pretty savvy at what they want to do. For reading mail, and games
it would be fine.
Have not tried downloading skype for it yet but I would be surprised if it works.
I think skype requires OS higher than 1.6.

Ken

I would like to know the same thing. I am new to Android but what I am finding is most apps need 2.0 or better.
For example I need a browser like Firefox for Android so I can watch my IP security cameras.

I guess it's really up to Panimage or we find a clone of Panimage with a higher OS that will work.

Ken

coma7200

Dec 27, 2011
Where did you get these modded ROM's?

There are upgrade modded ROMs for this that allow it to do much more
than the stock ROM allows. It also can run faster too. I have done
this and it now allows for a better app market with tons of programs.

I found a IP camera viewer program that supports my CISCO and Foscam IP
cameras however the video is slow compared to a PC/laptop

The OS 1.6 will be a problem with the better programs. I'm not sure
this tablet would be good for a young teenager as I am finding they
are pretty savvy at what they want to do. For reading mail, and games
it would be fine.
Have not tried downloading skype for it yet but I would be surprised if it works.
I think skype requires OS higher than 1.6.

Ken

Jan 8, 2012
I have this same tablet and I can't get it to do anything up come on. It won't connect to the wifi....and android market is horrid, not at all like on my phone...I can't get it to download anything. This is my first tablet and i'm not sure what to do with it. I can't send it back as it came from 1saleaday.com and they don't take returns. Would like to make use of this tablet somehow but i'm unsure how to go about it.

MisterScott

Jan 12, 2012
I have this same tablet and I can't get it to do anything up come on. It won't connect to the wifi....and android market is horrid, not at all like on my phone...I can't get it to download anything. This is my first tablet and i'm not sure what to do with it. I can't send it back as it came from 1saleaday.com and they don't take returns. Would like to make use of this tablet somehow but i'm unsure how to go about it.

This is my first "tablet" as well. Initially, I was very frustrated and thought it was a piece of "$%#@". But, I kept playing around with it (got it for Christmas) and now I am very happy with it in terms of it being my first intro into the tablet market. Most of my problems were solved by simply swallowing my pride and opening up the instruction manual (For example, you cant' even access the "App Market" unless you first "Register An Account"). Concededly, the installed YouTube app doesn't work. But, I was able to "fix" this by deleting it and downloading an older YouTube app from freewarelovers.com (there are still some buffering issues in HQ mode, but it works well in "normal" mode). I've also downloaded other compatible apps from freewarelovers.com with much success. These have included games for the kids and productivity tools for me (e.g., a "calculator" and "notepad" app). Instructions for doing this and how to locate additional apps (other than those available on the installed "App Market") are explained in the tablet's "User Guide".