Photos Erased?

Dart

May 2, 2011
I took 10 photos with the Acer A500 this afternoon saving them to my micro SD card. At home I hit Gallery to view and a folder called Camera was present, but upon clicking on the folder 10 black squares appeared where photos should be. I switched to Astro to check the card and the pics were not there. Going back to Gallery, the folder itself was now gone.

I pulled the micro SD card out, inserted it into a SD sleeve and into my desktop. No photos. I then booted PhotoRescue and recovered my photos! They were deleted somehow....

What the heck happened? Any guesses?
Thanks much!
Dart

pdog1978

May 1, 2011
Yeah, its a glitch... this has been in the forums for a while now... I take picts and save to the device then move them to the sd card via a file manager. I'm sure they will fix this in the reported update that is coming in June.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Dart

May 2, 2011
Thanks, I appreciate the response and the work around. Using Photo Restore I was able to undelete them from the sd card.....

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
1.) Install ES File Explorer.
2.) In the Fast access pane, select Local > Home > DCIM > Camera.
3.) If you did not move the photos, the files should be there.

You can view any image files you find there from the file explorer.

I also suggest disabling the limited and quirky Gallery app under Settings > Apps > All.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
There was an update in June? I didn't get it.

That post was from May 2011, so the poster was apparently referring to June 2011.

Also, my post above now seems a little out of context because in August 2013, someone added a new post asking how to find some photos that seemed to have disappeared. That post was removed for some reason so my answer appears to have no preceding question.