Please help someone with Cube U9GT2

bobafett

May 12, 2012
Hi Guys, Can someone help, im quite desperate,

I have just purchased one of these Cube U9GT2 tablets and cannot turn it on, I got it out the box and I have tried to charge from the wall and after a few hours i still cant turn on. I tried via usb and can connect to my computer easily. but this does not charge the unit i have read. I have been able however to open it on the pc everytime, and have put movies and photos on it. When it is connect via usb if i hold down the Power button it disconnects from windows and then recconects 10 seconds later.....so hmmm i guess the power button has functionality.

I cannot even update firmware and have tried doing this, but the program used to send the firmware doesnt detect the unit. I have been to about 3 shops for a charger but cannot get the right connection. I bought another power charger but the plug fits in but i think is too small. I know you can get chargers with different connections but none seem to fit snugly in it. theyre too big or small.

What i want to know is

1. Does my unit work and is it capable of turning on? Because It can connect to the pc fine via usb so I would assume it can also turn on.
2. What power adapter do i need to get. Anyone have a link? I cannot find a suitable one here in Spain that has the right connector (end piece) for it. I have no idea what voltage this stupid tablet needs as well. I have gone through 2 chargers now with no success.

Very annoyed but If anyone can help would be fantastic. I dont want to send it back to hong kong just yet.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure about this specific tablet, but most tablets will charge slowly via PC. My tablet only charges about 3% per hour via USB with the screen off. Try leaving it plugged into your USB port for a few hours and see if that helps.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If your PC has both front and rear USB ports, the rear sometimes provide more power and would charge a little faster.

bobafett

May 12, 2012
thanks lots for your help guys, I really appreciate it! Im so angry that i cant even turn the stupid thing on was mega excited. I have it plugged in via usb and the computer detects it fine, so will give it several hours. I assume to turn it on you just hold the power button for 5 seconds or something like that.

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a light on these tablets to indicate that its actually charging?

If anyone who has bought a charger for this tablet in europe and knows where to buy one online please let me know. As im having no luck here in Barcelona.

Thankyou!!! :)

J

jimbo7630

Chargers are available online (from China where they are all made) for about $10.00 US with free shipping. Yes there should be a tiny LED usually on the front somewhere usually red for charging.

Your USB power sourcewill be way too weak to give a proper charge, they almost all require 2 Amps sometime 2.5 or even 3 most require 5 Volts but some can need 9V (5V and 2Amps will be safest to try if you can find one in Barcelona I can't say about the tip it could be 2.5 mm or 3.5 mm Polarity will probably be +Tip but that is a guess.

How come you didn't get a charger with it?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Charging light depends on the tablet. Some do, some dont. But, if you are not charging with the approved charger the voltage and current may not be enough to trigger the charge light. I know my tablet will only show a charge light when using the included wall wart, never with any USB cord.

bobafett

May 12, 2012
I got a charger with it in the box, but doesnt do anything. So wasnt sure if the tablet was broken, however i bought it from ebay and someone else who bought the same tablet said theyre charger also didnt work and they got another one and it worked fine.

Only problem is the connection is impossible to get. Its not a normal 2.5mm or whatever i think its an odd one like 2.7 or something crazy like that.

Last edited:
J

jimbo7630

You say that you have the original charger, what specs are printed on it? Is it 5V 2A output or something else?

bobafett

May 12, 2012
thanks for that. however its a mega confusing site. is it 2 power adapters that they send or one? and is my connection for my tablet 2.5 or 3.5. And do they have EU or is it just USA. sooooo confusing. i tried one with a yellow tip this morning and was too small.

I wish i could just teleport to china and get the damn thing. Grrrr :(

bobafett

May 12, 2012
it says

Input 100-240VAC
50/60hz
Output 12v = 2.0a

I might order this from amazon. A guy said on the review it worked for his "cheap ipad lookalike" and it has a lot of small connector types.

CostMad 7 / 6 Way 1.5A 1500mA max. AC to DC Universal Universally Multi Voltage 3V / 4.5V / 6V / 7.5V / 9V / 12V Plug in Mains AC Power Adapter Adaptor Power Supply Replacement (Black)

J

jimbo7630

If you open Link number 8 (down) it should be on the page for your device
Product Description Power Adapter Charger for Cube U9GT2 android 4.0 tablet pc ,power supply charger(Free US/EU Plug for choice,sometimes factory lack of AU/UK Plug chargers,we would like to send more an AU/UK adapter,thanks )

They should include a plug adaptor for Spain as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jimbo7630

it says

Input 100-240VAC
50/60hz
Output 12v = 2.0a

I might order this from amazon. A guy said on the review it worked for his "cheap ipad lookalike" and it has a lot of small connector types.

CostMad 7 / 6 Way 1.5A 1500mA max. AC to DC Universal Universally Multi Voltage 3V / 4.5V / 6V / 7.5V / 9V / 12V Plug in Mains AC Power Adapter Adaptor Power Supply Replacement (Black)

So it's 12V output! note that the one you are looking at is only 1.5A output Max. It will charge if you have the right tip but it will be slower than the correct one.

Look at your charger again there ought to be a symbol like a "C" possibly with a dot in the centre and a + or - on it that will tell you if it is a positive or negative tip (They are generally positive.)

Last edited by a moderator:

bobafett

May 12, 2012
Thanks again everyone for their help!!!

Im seriously really grateful for everyones input.

Really i would like to know how many mm is the connector. is it 2.1mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm, etc.... coz this is a weird one, its not standard in the packs you get with like 8 types of connectors. Its like a freaky one, like 2.7mm or something crazy.

J

jimbo7630

Only you can measure it physically! And BTW since the Tablet takes 12V and 2Amps there is your reason for it having difficulty with the USB which only gives 5V and, if you're lucky, maybe 0.5 A!