Podcast playback and multitasking 101

leviathan

Feb 28, 2011
Anyone know where I am going wrong.

I want to play podcasts via Google reader and the Engadget android app which I can do fine but while they are playing i want to be able to do other things on my tablet such as surfing the web or running other applications whilst still listening.

Using an Archie 101, when I try to move out of the player it stops the playback.

Any ideas? Since the music player can play in the background I assume Podcast can too.

they are streaming podcasts, not stored locally. Can't figure out how to download them either.

Thanks

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Some web things like podcasts may use web services of a browser or the same network ports. I think it is an app conflict as I can run Tunedin for Internet Radio at the same time as using the default browser and Skyfire browser on my 101/16. I have used BeyondPod and browsed at the same time too. I do not use Google Reader so cannot speak to that.
How are you getting out of the Player. Hitting the Home button or Hitting the reverse Arrow button? I have seen some apps close when you hit the Back as it interprets that as a close program.