Poll: How important is Capacitive Touch to you?

How important is Capacitive Touch to you?

• Total voters

Comacine

Aug 23, 2010
Most of the current crop of Android tabs (and almost all of the lower-end ones) feature the less-expensive, slightly "squishy" plastic Resistive touchscreens. In your purchasing decision, how important is a Capacitive screen?
  1. Very important - I won't buy Resistive
  2. Somewhat important - It would have to be a great Resistive machine to make me change mi mind
  3. Slightly important - Capacitive is nice to have, but I can do without it
  4. Not at all important - Who cares!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i like capacitive the best but i have used some resistive touch screen tablets and they are great

Comacine

Aug 23, 2010
I have a resistive Haipad 701 and an iPad which is capacitive, and I have to admit that although the user experience is quite different, I like them both.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I have had three cell phones with resistive screens, the first was crap, the last two have been very nice. I now own the Huawei S7 which is a very responsive resistive screen.

The only thing I miss about capacitive is the multi-touch. I could care less about the pinch-zoom, but I would like to play the air hockey game as two player ... you know ... important stuff!

Pam
Hauwei S7, as is out of the box (except for all the freebie games I've already downloaded!)

ja2038

Dec 15, 2010
It's such an apples and oranges and gorillas, because there are so many different types of resistive and capacitive screens.

My daughter's Samsung Rogue has a resistive screen that is very very responsive. I am not that impressed with my Huawei's screen, which is supposedly a best of breed resistive screen.

And there are capacitive screens that support lots of different multitouch functions, as well as capacitive screens that barely support multitouch at all, or don't support multitouch.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Capacitive is more responsive but less accurate. Give or take either.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Afri10

Dec 7, 2010
i mean capacitive, is great, but most of the time to epensive for me.
And resistive, if its good, can eb good enough.

But i would prefer capacitive

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
The capacitive on my Droid2 is amazing, where as the restive screen on my Gentouch is quite bad.