Possible release date for the 3.1 update

robdroid

May 4, 2011
Be sure you read thru that WHOLE thread on XDA (all 11 pages) before you rush in and install this, because its probably NOT the official release for the US, and there are a lot of reports of problems with this release. Since it was originally posted from Mainland China, it could be totally bogus and backdoored. There are a lot of people on XDA that like to live dangerously.

You are days away from getting an OTA, why hack your tablet with some bastardized release?
+1
Just don't understand the dire need of some A500 owners to rush into 3.1?
Patients... patients... patients.
Is a few days wait going to adversely alter your life or happiness?
Official Acer 3.1 coming to your area soon....

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
Kinda reminds me of fishing. Here we are, all of us with our UPDATE bait turned on. The officials have said that there is a school of honeycomb 3.1 headed our way.

We all have our bobbers in the water spread across this great world of ours. Who's going to get the first nibble (XDAs have rigged their hooks - not fair).

Who's going to reel in that first honeycomb 3.1? What a fish story they will have. I bet from that first fish to everyone having a honeycomb 3.1 will take less than a week.

Then what?

Like the good fishermen(women) that we are, we rebait our hooks and wait for the next big honeycomb 3.2 or 3.3 to come along.

So like all good fishermen, we wait and watch.

I look forward to all the stories of the big one as we start reeling in those honeycomb 3.1s. Was it as big as a house, did it have all kinds of new features, did it load correctly, etc.

Ken

Jun 15, 2011
Be sure you read thru that WHOLE thread on XDA (all 11 pages) before you rush in and install this, because its probably NOT the official release for the US, and there are a lot of reports of problems with this release. Since it was originally posted from Mainland China, it could be totally bogus and backdoored. There are a lot of people on XDA that like to live dangerously.

You are days away from getting an OTA, why hack your tablet with some bastardized release?

+1

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Update for the USA will be on July 5.
The update began rolling out on June 23 globally, but different countries get it on different days.

If your tablet is rooted, you should be able to still get the update as long as you have all the original files that came with the tablet and they are in the original directories and named as originally named.
Don't risk screwing up your tablet by flashing (installing the XDA update) it. You WILL be getting the update and very soon. If you dont have the patience, then you are a huge loser. Seriously. Patience is a part of life and if you can't wait, then you won't succeed in life.

BTW, robdroid:
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but you misspelled "patience." "Patients" are people who doctors do checkups on :p

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Update for the USA will be on July 5.
The update began rolling out on June 23 globally, but different countries get it on different days.

If your tablet is rooted, you should be able to still get the update as long as you have all the original files that came with the tablet and they are in the original directories and named as originally named.
Don't risk screwing up your tablet by flashing (installing the XDA update) it. You WILL be getting the update and very soon. If you dont have the patience, then you are a huge loser. Seriously. Patience is a part of life and if you can't wait, then you won't succeed in life.

BTW, robdroid:
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but you misspelled "patience." "Patients" are people who doctors do checkups on :p

Case in point: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...its-keep-asking-password-but-i-dont-have.html. It's not worth the risk, folks. Hold on a few more days.

sigsauer33

Apr 27, 2011
I am currently in Afghanistan, does anyone know if there is a way that i will be able to download this update once it releases? please keep in mind that we don't have WiFi so i will need a way to download it to a computer then put it on the A500

peejayw

May 6, 2011
I noticed last week that the download site for the A500 at Acer had changed. There are now tabs (currently empty) for "OS" and "Patch" so maybe you will be able to get the update from there, worth keeping an eye on.

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
^ that's been there for ever! I've been checking on acer download site for months, and those tabs have always been there.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I think I'm getting HC 3.1 right now...I'm in SC....it's almost done installing & getting through the reboot phase...which takes a while...orange/yellow-ish bar across the bottom of the screen...with a box/arror and small Android next to it....finally done...rebooting again....

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
HC 3.1 is out for the Acer Iconia Tab.

Android Version: 3.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3
Build Number: Acer_A500_4.010.07_COM_GEN2

Last edited: