Prestigio PMP7100c / Archos 101 cinema plug-in

someone755

Sep 2, 2011
So, after resolving my problem with wifi (the router's settings were wrong) I tried to watch a movie from my 8GB USB key (Source code). So, I set the subtitles (in .srt format) and play the movie.
BUT, as usual, my tablet has to stop me from having fun. It said 'Buy the cinema plug-in from Archos' store' because the sound format of the video.
So, I went to Archos' store, found the plug-in and BAM, the price is 15€!!!
I mean, I don't have that kind of money (I do, but I don't have a credit card or PayPal, I'm 14)...
So, I found a free cinema plug-in for Archos 605. And I wondered: 'Is there a way to make the 605's plug-in work on my 101?
Well, is it?
If not, can somebody give me a link to the 101's plug-in?

P.S.
And please, somebody answer this time. Last time I posted, nobody responded!

hdmp4

Sep 2, 2011
Try Rockplayer, MXplayer, etc.... If hardware decoding needs to pay, try software decoding with these apps...

someone755

Sep 2, 2011
I've tried several players for android, but the screen bothers me because there are always the four buttons (search, home, options, back) on the screen and they never dissappear!

hdmp4

Sep 2, 2011
I've tried several players for android, but the screen bothers me because there are always the four buttons (search, home, options, back) on the screen and they never dissappear!
That's because you need those four buttons to operate the tablet!!!

Those are originally hardware buttons that are necessary to operate Android tablets but Archos implement them as software buttons...

If you remove them, how are you going to exit the video, for example?
All of the Android apps assume you have those hardware buttons.

If you really need to make them disappear, the only way seems involve installing a custom ROM that do this.... (but I have no idea how you can operate it without those needed hardware buttons...)

someone755

Sep 2, 2011
Yea, that's true, but the player that comes with the tablet hides the buttons, they reappear when you tap the middle of the screen! But only three buttons appear (home, options, back (probably not in that order)), the search button goes away...
The interface is easy to use and, well, just unique!
The other media players are made for 'android devices', while the player installed on the Archos101/PrestigioPMP7100C is tailor-made for the tablet...

hdmp4

Sep 2, 2011
while the player installed on the Archos101/PrestigioPMP7100C is tailor-made for the tablet...
I think you have answered your own question....

That means you need a player that is designed for Archos, in order to "hides the buttons, they reappear when you tap the middle of the screen" which I think will be rather hard to find...