Printing

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
Has anyone printed from there tablets? I have looked but dont see how.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
The easiest way would be to do it wirelessly and there are a couple of different ways of doing that.

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
And those ways are? I have a wireless printer but dont see how to print...

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

legs74

Mar 24, 2011
Yes, there is. FileLinx prints and transfers files to and from your Android to your PC. It's $5.99 on the Market. No cloud server. No charge for copies. Works on WiFi and 3G. I use it on my 8" MID and Droid X all the time. No matter where I am I can send, grab, and print to my PC. You buy the Android software on the Market. Then go to their website and download the free software to your PC. The two communicate. They have lots of instructions and video on their site: www.droidlinx.com. They guarantee it works or your money back. Not too many on the Market that say that.

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
Printshare is the way to go.
can work either of 2ways ... if your wireless printer is supported directly or via ur pc to ur printer

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Google Cloud Print also is easy, and it is free. Otherwise PrinterShare, or if you have a Canon look at Canon EasyPhoto Print in the market.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

legs74

Mar 24, 2011
Printershare charges you by the copy. Google Cloud Print by their own disclosure keeps copies of your docs-temporaily- and then deletes them. However, they also have a clause that they can use whatever docs they want for review to assure "quality control." You decide what that really means.

legs74

Mar 24, 2011
Printershare says on their own site on the Market "Most of their services are not free."
They further state:

"For unlimited printing you need to purchase PrinterShare Premium Key, which is a separate small application that simply needs to be on the device to unlock Premium Features. Prior to buying the key we highly recommend printing the test page to ensure compatibility with your printer."

That is $12.95.

As I said before, FileLinx prints and transfers over Wifi, 3G, any internet connection, from anywhere. Unlimited printing and transfers cause there is no "cloud" service, so there are no extra fees, no monitoring, etc. Printing is immediate, right to you PC's-printer. You want to access FileLinx through 3G you are going to have to map a port. FileLinx provides a free program to do that too. Now they have clipboard access as well.

As far as the transfer aspect. Your PC acts as a server, so multiple people can log in at the same time and share files, photos, whatever. I do that with family photos among my relatives.

woodeman

Mar 16, 2011
Printshare is the way to go.
can work either of 2ways ... if your wireless printer is supported directly or via ur pc to ur printer

I downloaded printershare from the market. I print to my network printer wirelessly. The demo gives you 5 prints so you can make sure it works. The paid app is about 9 dollars.

dcharlow

Dec 18, 2011
will "printshare" work with networked printers with static IP's, I have a galixy tablet & a sony blueray android player.