problem with playing FLV videos on a500 tablet.

vivisectvi242

Dec 14, 2011
hello all!

this is my first android device (iconia a500) so im still learning new things. i've run into a problem recently where i have some FLV videos and they lag and have a delay and everything moves very slowly. in MX Video Player app there is less lag and sometimes it matches up however, after about 30 seconds the sound just dies completely and i get nothing. at which point i have to skip ahead a few seconds and then it works again but not necessairly syncing up to audio/video again. in Moboplayer which everywhere i read is the best video player app, it loads up and says something like it has trouble playing the video and to try soft-decoding? when i checked the settings it seems to be in soft-decoding but it has an even worse delay than the MX video player app. the standard acer media video player can't even recognize the files so i can't check that one. if i could get VLC direct to work i could try it there but im not sure. any suggestions? or am i just going to have to convert all these videos into a different format and hope it works that way

thanks for the help!

D

dvdcatalyst

hello all!

this is my first android device (iconia a500) so im still learning new things. i've run into a problem recently where i have some FLV videos and they lag and have a delay and everything moves very slowly. in MX Video Player app there is less lag and sometimes it matches up however, after about 30 seconds the sound just dies completely and i get nothing. at which point i have to skip ahead a few seconds and then it works again but not necessairly syncing up to audio/video again. in Moboplayer which everywhere i read is the best video player app, it loads up and says something like it has trouble playing the video and to try soft-decoding? when i checked the settings it seems to be in soft-decoding but it has an even worse delay than the MX video player app. the standard acer media video player can't even recognize the files so i can't check that one. if i could get VLC direct to work i could try it there but im not sure. any suggestions? or am i just going to have to convert all these videos into a different format and hope it works that way

thanks for the help!

Converting the videos will save you the trouble of having to use a variety of different video players, but you can try Dice Player and see if that makes a difference.

vivisectvi242

Dec 14, 2011
problem is it's not like a few movies or something. the videos i want to convert will be consistantly 10-30 mins long and multiple version of them so converting is a hassle. i downloaded swf player but when i choose to play a video it just asks me which player do i want to open it in? is this whats supposed to happen or am i doing something wrong?

MrWareWolf

Mar 1, 2012
Flv is the preferred format for websites, so I can understand what the motivation there is. Try bs player lite (android mkt), and mirage player (appbrain.com). Also get dolphin HD browser and/or opera mobile, as they might be able to play the files in the browser. If your tablet runs ice-cream-sandwhich, you could aksi try Google chrome browser for android (android mkt)..HTML5 plays videos..... good luck..

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
i think converting these flv videos is the best solution for you, otherwise, you have to try many players, since you have multiple files, you may try Pavtube video converter, it supports batch processing, besides, it's "Merge into one file" function allows you combine multiple videos into one file, hope it helps

Mrx99

Dec 17, 2011
I do not like spending money if I do not have to. When I first tried the torrents they played fine on my PC but I could not get the audio on my tablet. I used Youtube Downloader and converted them to Iphone Mpeg4 and they work great. This program is free to use and they want you to upgrade but I find it works fine for me just the way it is, no watermarks or annoyances.
Mrx99