Problem with video display on Apad Telechip with HDMI

apad.king

Aug 20, 2010
OK, one for the techies here. I posted this under my specific apad model but I guess other models may also be affected so have posted here.

I have one problem with my tablet which I hope someone might be able to help with. I stupidly connected the HDMI to my laptop and now any video or utube I try to play only outputs the sound and no video. I get a lttle white triangle in top left corner for a second at the start of the video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried changing the display settings but to no avail.

Everything else on tablet is fine like phots, browser etc...

Do you think I've fried my video card or something like that?

apad.king

Aug 20, 2010
OK, one for the techies here. I posted this under my specific apad model but I guess other models may also be affected so have posted here.

I have one problem with my tablet which I hope someone might be able to help with. I stupidly connected the HDMI to my laptop and now any video or utube I try to play only outputs the sound and no video. I get a lttle white triangle in top left corner for a second at the start of the video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried changing the display settings but to no avail.

Everything else on tablet is fine like phots, browser etc...

Do you think I've fried my video card or something like that?

I found a hidden option in display settings > output select > NONE which was scrolled off top of screen.

I can now watch great HD videos again.:)

Flyingtom

Sep 21, 2010
Hi there, the first day that i've had my new haipad, i had this problem as well, i messed up my settings and had mine on hdmi output set to hdmi as well, after i putt it to "none" the problem was fixed.
in the settings menu simply go to the hdmi settings -section/output set as "none".....

gphowell

Dec 16, 2010
I found a hidden option in display settings > output select > NONE which was scrolled off top of screen.

I can now watch great HD videos again.:)

I had the same problem - sound only, no video on YouTube. I could hook up to my HD TV and view the video, but it did not show up on the M701-R.

Also, neither the camera nor the camcorder would show a preview, yet would record and the files could be opened.

I never saw the "None" selection. After two days of searching online and communication w/ Haipad - they were very nice and insisted that video/YouTube was available to me, but didn't mention the proper - and invisible - selection.

I'm SURE we aren't alone. There are probably many people not as lucky as I was to come across your revelation!

Hopefully there will be an APK soon for Netflix. And when the Android 2.2 w/ Flash 10.1 for the M701-R is perfected, this little machine will really come into its own!

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I had to tinker with mine a bit before finding the same thing.

It seems that's one of the trials by fire we all go through with these things.

-that and changing the keyboard. ;)

RichardMartin

Dec 28, 2010
Thanks so much for putting the solution up. I have had the identical problem for ages and could not solve it. The hidden "None" made it all work again!!