Quadrant results for Sylvania SYNET7LP

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I knew this device was a low end/toy but I never realized how poor the performance was compared to a device only $50 to $100 more in price.

Post your results - Best score was 194 with all tasks killed compared to a NookColor running Honeycomb on SDHC card which reported well over 1200+, some users reporting 1500+ and 1700+.

While I know these are two different devices, for a what I consider little more money, you could get almost 10X the performance, if that's important to you.

Disclaimer - No affiliation, just seems like the app used by most to compare results.

Quadrant is a benchmark app for android devices, and enables you to measure and compare performance across various android devices.

Download Quadrant directly to your device if you've done the Market hack. To download, simply search for “Quadrant” in the Android Market.

Otherwise, use the SlideMe app to install Quadrant Standard v1.1.7 By AuroraSoftworks Updated February 1, 2011 on your device.

If your able to achieve a higher score - how did you do it?
What tweaks did you make?
What was running/not-running?
Anything else that impacted performance?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Except that Quadrant is not really indicative of actual performance. You can recompile parts of a ROM to get higher scores to target specific benchmarks.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Since this device (Sylvania SYNET7P) doesn't have any other ROM's other than the factory, wouldn't the only difference in Quadrant results be the related to what applications/tasks are running? Even so, comparing to another device is subjective but what a huge difference in performance whether tweaked or not. If someone can tweak a ROM for this device up over 1000 then this really was a deal. I can't seen to get out of the 100's.

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
I get from about 171 to 179 on mine. I noticed that it runs in landscape mode on my Sylvania, but runs in portrait mode on my HTC Desire. For comparison I get from 501 to 537 on my Desire. The Desire has faster CPU and 3D times, but the Sylvania has better I/O times. I think the 3D portion is the biggest difference in the scores. CPU is slower, but not by that huge of a margin. This was done just buy running them side by side.

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
You can recompile parts of a ROM to get higher scores to target specific benchmarks.

Theses comments were right on point. The Best score observed with DG2.02 (Android 2.1-update1 "Eclair" was 194 with all tasks killed.

Current Quadrant result using stock DG2.20 (Android 2.2 "Froyo") is 298.

Greater that a 50% increase. If you need a perceived speed boost you might try updating to a newer ROM.

cdoty

Jun 5, 2011
Current Quadrant result using stock DG2.20 (Android 2.2 "Froyo") is 298.

Greater that a 50% increase. If you need a perceived speed boost you might try updating to a newer ROM.

I wonder if this is due to the JIT compiler in 2.2? My guess is this is the typical jump from 2.1 to 2.2.