Disgo 6000 (similar to Sylvania) will get Android 2.2

Ramjet

Feb 1, 2011
I just called the Irish based company Head Quarters and spoke to a senior member of the technical team. He was in the process of re-writing the FAQ page to inform that an upgrade for the tablet has been confirmed and in his own words "will be hear in the next few weeks, not months". He suggested to keep a eye on the website for details over the next week or so.

He said it should add much more functionality and having done my own research a company claimed that, using Quadrant to benchmark, the performance figures for the Nexus one went up 450% with the change from 2.1 to 2.2.

Even if it was only twice as fast with our hardware it would be a significant performance increase, coupled with the Flash capabilities, google experience and Market this could be a device transforming update.

For those of you who have not done so:

• Use Universal androot on these Tablets to root them.
  • Install Root Explorer and delete the phone.apk from system/app folder together with telephony apk and the weather apk
  • Install Proloader as this is rediculously fast compared to the standard home screen
  • Install homeswitcher - switch back to standard home page and remove all widgets then switch back to proloader
  • install the Gingerbread Keyboard upgrade and then enable it under the keyboard settings in the setting menu
  • Install Opera Mini and/or Dolphin Browser HD
  • Go on the Disgo Website and follow the link to the other App store and download their store APK

I would recommend downloading Taskiller from Slide Me (the full version for $1) then placing the widget on the proloader home screen (long press on 'desktop' - then select add widget) This'll allow you to quickly shut down all unnecessary apps and speed up your device.

All of the above should make the device work a lot faster, certainly with my device it seems 2-3 x faster.

Also deleting the phone.apk etc reduces battery drain to the point where I surfed the web for 2h20m watched a 1h30m film and played angry bird and other games for about 30m. I suspect 5h+ is achievable with low brightness and Wifi off for, say, reading a book (aldiko is truely excellent for this)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
What is your current Quadrant result? With tweaks similar to the ones you've listed, the best result was 194. Even if 2.2 increases it by 450% that is still way under 1000 that other devices costing $50-$100 US more are getting without a lot of task management. While I would like to see better performance for my first device it does what what it was advertised -

"Please note that this product is not a computer. It is a Wireless
Internet Device with Android Operating system."

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Any confirmation from Digital Gadgets?

The new Infotmic updates have shown the possibility of a recovery partition. This would be very important news.

remoh

Sep 5, 2011
For those of you who have not done so:

• Use Universal androot on these Tablets to root them.
  • Install Root Explorer and delete the phone.apk from system/app folder together with telephony apk and the weather apk
  • Install Proloader as this is rediculously fast compared to the standard home screen
  • Install homeswitcher - switch back to standard home page and remove all widgets then switch back to proloader
  • install the Gingerbread Keyboard upgrade and then enable it under the keyboard settings in the setting menu
  • Install Opera Mini and/or Dolphin Browser HD
  • Go on the Disgo Website and follow the link to the other App store and download their store APK
can you please provide some links, im new to android and have not been able to find anything for proloader.
There are a few gingerbrad keyboards out there arent there? ive already tried installing swype but cant see how to switch successfully.

Thanks