Question/problem with Root Explorer?

bradgreene

Aug 3, 2010
I have a rooted NC via auto-nooter with Root Explorer installed. I don't know why I can't mount /etc and /system as RW when I can mount / as RW. I tried rebooting the NC and opening Superuser, clicking forget but it is still behaving the same. As far as I can remember with my PDN, I can mount any folder/sub-folder at will via Root Explorer.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
OK, couple of thoughts. First sometimes the NC seems to need a reboot with Root Explorer, so give that a try (I'm not being random...it's worked 2-3 times for me!). Second, are you 100% sure you have superuser/su? Have you already mounted once with R/W? If not, consider a manual redo: NookColor Installing su and the Superuser app - nookDevs. If ADB is working for you, it'll take all of 2 minutes (also worked for me).

Post back and let us know what happens!

-Matt

bradgreene

Aug 3, 2010
yep. Like I said I rebooted the NC several times to see if that solves the problem but no luck. I also tried the "forget" solution that I found while searching the net but it also didn't work. @rico, I'll check the version of my root explorer and see if I need to get a newer version. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
yep. Like I said I rebooted the NC several times to see if that solves the problem but no luck. I also tried the "forget" solution that I found while searching the net but it also didn't work. @rico, I'll check the version of my root explorer and see if I need to get a newer version. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help.

Yes rooting has nothing to do with if Root Explorer will work. It's all about SU giving permission (allow) and the right version of Root Explorer (2.13 or higher) installed.

a1d6506d.png

atinsley

Jan 10, 2011
I've had the same problem on my nook. I have lots of android experience with my droid and I am sure that su and superuser are installed right. I even redid both su and superuser manually in case autonooter messed up somehow.

Using a recent version of root explorer. I can remount basically any directory other than anything in the system folder.

Sent from my Droid

bradgreene

Aug 3, 2010
Thanks to everyone here, my Root Explorer is working as expected now. I just had to upgrade it to version 2.13.1 or higher as @rico has suggested. Thanks again.