QuickOffice Tablet Edition Work on the Nook Color?

ctweber

Oct 5, 2010
No error, "application not installed" upon installing.

11-01-30-3.png
Have you been able to create new documents in quickoffice hd?
I installed button savior to access the menu but just am given a register and about choice when hitting menu
sorry replied to wrong post...........

ctweber

Oct 5, 2010
Installed on nook color.

Have you been able to create new documents in quickoffice hd?
I installed button savior to access the menu but just am given a register and about choice when hitting menu

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Yes, I created a new document in QuickOffice HD.

You have to register Quickoffice...its free.

Once you do, it will offer you several buttons (Quickword, Quicksheet, Quickpoint, QuickPDF) I clicked on quickword and it shows me the files on my sd card.
11-02-03-2.png

At the bottom of the right pane, there is a little + and a check mark...if you tap the + you can then tap on file, pick your format (Word Document {.docx} or Word 97-2003 {.doc})
11-02-03-4.png

Then write your document, etc.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Thanks works great. Different process than the built in user guide describes.

I don't trust a user guide that was probably written by a 11 year old Taiwanese girl, and then translated into English by her 8 year old brother. :)

Glad I could be of service.

Joeff

Feb 1, 2011
Ok xaueious, finally installed QuickOffice HD

Here is the story and hopefully will help all of us Nook Color owners:

-I had forgot the Nook Color has a pre-installed version of QuickOffice Viewer and I just read on somewhere, you must uninstall any previous version of QuickOffice before installing a new one. To uninstall a pre-installed/root app, you need to get a root uninstaller app to do such
-Go to the market and get "Uninstaller for Root"
-Open and scroll down to "QuickOffice Viewer"
-Press "Grant root", SU will ask for permission
-After root access, press uninstall
-Once uninstalled, us NC owners are free to install QuickOffice HD or any other QuickOffice version you wish

Here are some pics at Nook Color's native 1024 x 600:

11-01-30-10.png

11-01-30-5.png

11-01-30-6.png

11-01-30-9.png

11-01-30-11.png

11-01-30-14.png

11-01-30-15.png

11-01-30-20.png

11-01-30-22.png

11-01-30-16.png

11-01-30-17.png

11-01-30-18.png

It seems it won't allow me to root my device I press grant root and nothing happens..

Joeff

Feb 1, 2011
Press grant root...then press Uninstall

I just open the NookTools then uncheck and check the box says allow non-market apps to install since by default it's checked, I just simply doing the weirdest thing then finally it worked successfully...

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Would someone be kind enough to repost the Quickoffice .apk file over here? I can't download from XDA at work.. Everything is blocked.​

bnewk1

Jan 26, 2011
Quick Office works if I go to my market installed folder and click run. I purchased pro

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Rico:

"This Websense category is filtered: Personal Network Storage and Backup. "

I can't download much of anything here at work.. But I can download attachments to threads here, which amazes me.

pm me your email address.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Sorry I missed your email offer rico.. I got on lastnight and downloaded it. Your instructions for removing the old one worked nicely and now it's running just fine.

biggins1870

Feb 7, 2011
I successfully installed QuickOffice HD after removing the stock QuickOffice Viewer. My only problem is that in the stock B&N Extras menu it does not show up after a reboot like all other installed apps. I'm guessing if I run an alternate launcher like ADW or Zeam I can access it, but I'm hoping to get to it from within the stock B&N interface.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my rooted NOOKcolor.