Sketchbook Mobile for Nook Color? Will it work?

shieldmaiden

Apr 1, 2011
I am considering the purchase of a Nook Color to root and turn into an android tablet. I'm a writer and artist, and would love a simple, mobile way to manage my to-do lists, editing, emails AND adding color to my black and white pen 'n ink sketches. Sketchbook Mobile app looks simple. It says it needs an operating system of Android 2.1, a 1Ghz Processor and 512 mb Ram. Would this work?

So excited about all this, and hoping that the Nook would work for what I'd use it for.

I use Gmail, plus Google docs and calendar a lot.

Do you guys think I'm barking up the right tree, or will this be a disappointment?

You can see some of my art and story at The Gilded Shackle: Chapter 1: "Making the Cut" (part a) if you want... I'm not doing anything requiring lots of layers or anything too complex.

Sorry for the dumb questions... I'm a total newb at this computer stuff.

Thanks in advance!

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Hi ShieldMaiden, i have the trial version of Sketchbook on my nook (using CM7 and OC'd to 1.1 GHz). Anyway works ok on my nook - there is a very slight lag but manageable - i used mainly my finger and not a stylus so cannot comment on the fine detailing type of work

by the way i checked out your site - great series you have going. I am a machinima filmmaker myself - meaning i convert a lot of stories into animated movies - anyway i am a big fan of fantasy as well as a former DnD player - check out my movies here - YouTube - abukhatar's Channel -

there is a machinima community called The Movies Underground where a ton of movies are made from some great amateur writers. you can check it out at httP://www.tmunderground.com

I am considering the purchase of a Nook Color to root and turn into an android tablet. I'm a writer and artist, and would love a simple, mobile way to manage my to-do lists, editing, emails AND adding color to my black and white pen 'n ink sketches. Sketchbook Mobile app looks simple. It says it needs an operating system of Android 2.1, a 1Ghz Processor and 512 mb Ram. Would this work?

So excited about all this, and hoping that the Nook would work for what I'd use it for.

I use Gmail, plus Google docs and calendar a lot.

Do you guys think I'm barking up the right tree, or will this be a disappointment?

You can see some of my art and story at The Gilded Shackle: Chapter 1: "Making the Cut" (part a) if you want... I'm not doing anything requiring lots of layers or anything too complex.

Sorry for the dumb questions... I'm a total newb at this computer stuff.

Thanks in advance!