Reboot Loop on my A101 - HELP!

ozzmeister00

Jan 23, 2011
Hello All,

I ran through the steps to install the full 2.2 upgrade, and installed the Google Marketplace good and proper. I started downloading some applications, and a bunch of them refused to download. I thought I needed to reset my wireless connection, to no avail. Then I did what I always down, and I rebooted the tablet.

Now it's stuck in a reboot loop. It boots up, hangs for a moment, gets to the home screen, and a few moments later it kicks back the error "Sorry! Process system is not responding" and I have the option to force close, or wait. If I force close, it reboots. If I wait, it reboots.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? I'm totally open to doing a factory reset but I'm not sure how.

-Ozz

ozzmeister00

Jan 23, 2011
Okay, got it to do a full reformat, but it gets caught up at "USB Connection: Press OK to disconnect". I press "OK" with it plugged into my computer and it gives me "Update failed: (1)".

After that I reboot it and it goes to Recovery. I run a format again and the same thing happens.

ozzmeister00

Jan 23, 2011
Nevermind. I need to update the firmware this time around after the wipe. If this happens again I'll revive the thread. I really would like to know what's going on with the reboots.

ozzmeister00

Jan 23, 2011
The reason it kept hitting a reboot loop was because whichever format option I chose completely wiped the OS off the device, and no installer package for the OS existed on the thing, so I had to download the OS from Archos and get the package on it.

maaarek

Apr 20, 2011
hi,
i made firmware update (or downgrade :) ) by placing firmware Froyo Firmware 2.3.20 file on archos.. Then Archos detected firmware file and made auto update (downgrade)..
Now it seems to work correctly and without any problems.. 5 days without any Reboot loop..