Remote Control

Oct 10, 2011
Nowadays it seems like every medical office runs either CNN or Fox News. Both are equally useless, annoying and tend to have their own agendas and spouting of propaganda. Since I have a SD card full of eMags the blaring TV makes it difficult to concentrate so this is the best option. No one has caught on yet. Give me the good old days when the only distraction was a rack full of year old magazines.

jotpetras

Dec 23, 2012

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
I can actually use my tablet to work with my Vizio TVs/ BluRay and have abilities now with this app. The stock app didn't seem to work anymore and had no features. The best thing with this Nevo app is that you can set up macros. Only issue I have is that most of the specialty buttons (ie 3D, etc.) though listed are greyed out and not accessible. It say in the app that it has direct codes to program devices, anyone know where the codes could be found, didnt seem like google was much help.

mburwen

Mar 1, 2012
I find in Play Google Nevo app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uei.nevosmart&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS51ZWkubmV2b3NtYXJ0Il0.

This app works with Vizio VTAB1008 and can control TVs, Set-Top Boxes, Audio Devices, DVD Players, Blu-ray Players and Streaming Media Boxes from hundreds of manufacturers. You can set up macros to turn devices on, off, and switch inputs with a single button press. You can also customize buttons and commands.

I tried this app out and found it full of bugs (It is a beta version) and relatively simplistic. I was very surprised because UEI is one of the top suppliers of high-end remotes and maintains what they claim is the world's largest equipment IR database. For two of my devices, it provided the wrong codes even though I entered the model numbers. These are not obscure devices, they are mainstream products. It does , however, work with the Vizio Vtab1008 IR blaster. I like the TouchSquid remote app that runs on a Samsung Galaxy Ta2 2 much better. That app is due soon for a major rewrite which should be terrific if the authors put in all the stuff they have promised.

That said, UEI is a class company, adn, if they are serious about providing this type of app, I think they will eventually get it right.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hmm I got an incompatible notice for both of their apps on my Vtab. Perhaps that is because I haven't updated to Honeycomb.