Remove "My Files" Icon

gini

Oct 19, 2011
Is it possible to remove this icon from the Home Screen? A long press does not allow movement to the trash icon.

Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Something is amiss. A long press of most of the icons on your home screen should display the "remove" prompt at the top. Are you saying that none of the icons do that? It should NOT require rooting

gini

Oct 19, 2011
Something is amiss. A long press of most of the icons on your home screen should display the "remove" prompt at the top. Are you saying that none of the icons do that? It should NOT require rooting
The only icon I cannot remove is the "My Files" icon. All others behave as they should.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Question, why are you trying to remove all those shortcuts? The my files one probably isn't a shortcut which explains why it can't be removed.

gini

Oct 19, 2011
I prefer a minimal desktop, and the file manager I'd rather use is ES File Explorer. It's kind of a moot issue, since the My Files icon can't be removed without rooting, but if I'd been able to remove it I know I could always access it from the app drawer should I need it.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm not so sure abot that. The file manager that's on the home screen works differently from the one in the app drawer.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Arriving late for the party, here, but can the "My Files" app be disabled? Then ES can be installed and used.

gini

Oct 19, 2011
I'm not so sure abot that. The file manager that's on the home screen works differently from the one in the app drawer.
That may well be true! I haven't really compared the two, but I'm not going to root my Tab, so I'll continue to have the app on the Home Screen. I've installed ES File Manager as well, so i can use either application.

gini

Oct 19, 2011
Arriving late for the party, here, but can the "My Files" app be disabled? Then ES can be installed and used.
Even if you can't disable the My Files app, there is no problem installing and using ES File Manager.