Removing Applications

AJT67

Jul 29, 2010
Hi community,

it's good to be aboard!

Recently, I purchased myself a 7 inch Android Tablet, and I'm very pleased with the performance overall. However, there is one minor issue that I would like to address.

There are several applications on it (mostly games) that are displayed on the desktop that are named in Chinese, even though I have set my location and language correctly. I do not really play the games, so I want to remove them. I cannot seem to find anywhere in the control panel where I can remove these, there is nothing highlighted to remove.

I have heard rumours of a third party app to do this, if there is one out there, can anybody please point me in the right direction of where I can find it?

Many thanks

AJ.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
so are you saying when you go into settings- applications - manage applications you cant find the app or the app doesnt have a option to unistall it?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Ok so just an update the app you are talking about is titanium backup you have to have root to use it but the good news is some tablets can be rooted and the app works on some tablets