Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Lol.....that's where I was headed. Might already have it

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Actually animated gif was only enabled after Android 2.2, but you can recompile the lib to get it to work with Android 2.1

aboad20

Dec 8, 2010
I need it because the current browser didn't support Arabic , and I have to modify it to support it .

I think Huawei made some changes on it , so I need Huawei S7 firmware source code .

I change the libwebcore.so with this file : Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! ( it support Arabic )

but after reboot it's stop on Android ( Logo ) .

20$ donate to any one can resolve my problem .

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
What comes up with logcat?

Make sure it was built for Android 2.1.

You often can't just swap libraries like that, especially core libraries like libwebcore. Performing a device data wipe sometimes helps as well.

In my experience, to add Arabic support, you need to just change the font files for the characters to show up. To get them to link up, you need to modify the libraries. The files used to be hosted at http://code.google.com/p/arabicandroid/ but they were taken down at one point.

Your best bet if you are not comfortable with recompiling is to try to swap a libwebcore from a SIMILAR device such as the Nexus One. Make sure it is taken from one made for Android 2.1. If you can find a mirror of that ROM, those files might just work.

According to this: Arabic/Persian Support on Éclair Stock Rom - xda-developers
You might need 3 files, not just libwebcore
libskia.so
libskiagl.so
libwebcore.so

aboad20

Dec 8, 2010
What comes up with logcat?

Make sure it was built for Android 2.1.

You often can't just swap libraries like that, especially core libraries like libwebcore. Performing a device data wipe sometimes helps as well.

In my experience, to add Arabic support, you need to just change the font files for the characters to show up. To get them to link up, you need to modify the libraries. The files used to be hosted at http://code.google.com/p/arabicandroid/ but they were taken down at one point.

Your best bet if you are not comfortable with recompiling is to try to swap a libwebcore from a SIMILAR device such as the Nexus One. Make sure it is taken from one made for Android 2.1. If you can find a mirror of that ROM, those files might just work.

According to this: Arabic/Persian Support on Éclair Stock Rom - xda-developers
You might need 3 files, not just libwebcore
libskia.so
libskiagl.so
libwebcore.so

I don't see what is comes up with logcat , how to do that ?

about the fonts file , I already change it , but it's not connected .

libwebcore.so it's for browser , so if I change only this file , It should work on browser only .

the file in my last post for 2.1 , and it's work fine on my Apad 2.1 .

can you please recompile libwebcore.so without any change and I will try to replace it , and see if it will stop on android logo or not ?

also if I try to copy libskia.so the tablet hang .

I will try to wipe data today , and update you .

thanks in advance .

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
I'm not sure how straight forward it is to add arabic fonts to my rom, I will have a look into adding other languages, I doubt it is as easy as just adding the font.

~Ivy

megoelmasry

Feb 13, 2011
thanks i was try to add it by my self into your rom useing dsixda-Android-Kitchen-59a36a0 :)
but rom didn't start. then i had to try another fonts from Galaxy tab and also epad but also nothing work
may because ima new in this things and may be to ihave to change libwebcore.so to work with your rom??????
any way i have to try more >>>>> just to learn :):):):):):):):)