Requedy for help with tethering the galaxy tab to the original droid

Rfdillon

Dec 29, 2010
I have followed the instructions for replacong the wpa.dupplicant file explicitly, and am now able to see my original Motorola Droid (adhoc) in the list of Wifi connections. I am able to connect to the Droid, but I can get no further. I cannot get out to the Intervet even though I can connect to the Droid. I am attempting to connect the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tablet to the original Motorola droid, which is rooted and is using wifi tether. I can tether to my laptop with no problem, but I cannot as of yet connect to the Galaxy tablet and get out to the Internet with the Droid. Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong?
Did I have to edit the supplicant file in some way? Did I have to do anything to it after placing it in the system\bin folder?I only viewed it in notepad, and did not save any changes, as it appears to be a binary file of some sort. I would appreciate any assistance possible with this, thanks so very much!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum App

jjhiza

Jan 1, 2011
Did you try going into settings and turning the package data off? I had a few issues, because I thought Astro had unpacked the wpa_supplicant zip, but it hadn't. Once I got the zip opened, I had no problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab