[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb for GTAB - Alpha 7.1 (8/3/11)

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Great question !

Froyo = Camera + GPU (HW) acceleration + apps compatibility + flash.
Gingerbread = Camera + most apps compatibility + flash
HC alpha (including this FB) = Some apps compatibility + 50% flash + better GUI.

Scratching your head ?:confused:

Consider gtablet's HC like a sport car. It is flashy.
Which one would you like more: Froyo like an SUV, or Gingerbread like a sedan, or a Corvette like this FB.

Dave

joe_mcp

Dec 7, 2010
Hmmm I like sports cars... is the CPU/HW acceleration major? I really didn't notice a diff going to gingerbread... but I have it overclocked to 1.4... can you overclock with HC?

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
LOL. . . yes you can.
NO . . . because I think that dev's who developed OC kernel should be placed in front of firing squad :). Stay within the mafg. specs and be safe.

Dave

joe_mcp

Dec 7, 2010
LOL... I can see your point (most people don't take it slow enough) but I like to OC'ing... always have even back when it was just for PCs...

The OC'ing got me an extra year or so out of my OG droid... loved that phone.

I might drop back to a froyo to see if the HW accel makes me want to stay...

Thanks for all the info

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Great question !

Froyo = Camera + GPU (HW) acceleration + apps compatibility + flash.
Gingerbread = Camera + most apps compatibility + flash
HC alpha (including this FB) = Some apps compatibility + 50% flash + better GUI.

Scratching your head ?:confused:

Consider gtablet's HC like a sport car. It is flashy.
Which one would you like more: Froyo like an SUV, or Gingerbread like a sedan, or a Corvette like this FB.

Dave

Froyo is more like the tank Dave. May not be fast, but it'll get you there. Lol.

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet using Tapatalk

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Froyo is more like the tank Dave. May not be fast, but it'll get you there. Lol.

LOL, you know . . . actually I like your comparison better. With the traffic the way it is, a tank is safer to go places.

Dave

Edit: Wait a minute. You gave me a laugh to con me into agreeing with you LOL. Beastv + Clemsyn combo and Calkulin + Clemsyn combo are the two froyo rom's that are among the fastest roms. Now, with the latest 1.2.5374 (?) and ML, they are also Froyo and claimed the top spot.

Never jump on the keyboard again. LOL

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
LOL, you know . . . actually I like your comparison better. With the traffic the way it is, a tank is safer to go places.

Dave

Edit: Wait a minute. You gave me a laugh to con me into agreeing with you LOL. Beastv + Clemsyn combo and Calkulin + Clemsyn combo are the two froyo rom's that are among the fastest roms. Now, with the latest 1.2.5374 (?) and ML, they are also Froyo and claimed the top spot.

Never jump on the keyboard again. LOL

I think I will try the Beasty or Calkulin this weekend, just to see what the fuss is about. Is there one I should run first? I'm running the clemsyn kernal in my tab now. Really nice, good speed and smooth performance. Kinda like nitrous oxide.... giggity.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Flashback8.0 Honeycomb Alpha on Viewsonic gTablet by tlbardelljr.

A 12 minutes video demonstrated how Flashback 8.0 handles Smartbench 2011, Antutu, Nenamark2, HD video trailers (King.Kong.1080P, Big Buck Bunny animation (1080p HD), nVidia - Medusa Demo - Very High HD Quality), Aldiko, Nook for Android, Opera Mobile, Youtube full screen, Pandora, Angry Birds, FieldRunnersHD, RipTide, Stupid Zombies, Places, Imdb trailers.

Dave,

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
Anyone have any luck viewing flash videos on flashback 9.0? I'm able to view youtube videos through youtube app, but cannot view videos on ebaumsworld.com. I tried firefox, opera, dolphin browsers and all say I need flash installed. I updated to flash 11 from the market and still no go. Any ideas?

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Anyone have any luck viewing flash videos on flashback 9.0? I'm able to view youtube videos through youtube app, but cannot view videos on ebaumsworld.com. I tried firefox, opera, dolphin browsers and all say I need flash installed. I updated to flash 11 from the market and still no go. Any ideas?

Opera Mobile will play videos on ebaumsworld.com fine on FB9.0. I had it captured on a youtube video and will upload tonight.

Dave,

Edit: Flashback 9.0 video

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/20159-rom-12-flashback-honeycomb-alpha-90-10911-g-tabletzpad-t2/page__view__findpost__p__251236

Last edited: