[ROM][FINAL][ Light ELF 2.6.0 Android ICS 4.0.4 ]

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Hello, I have an Elf 2 4.0.3 build 20120926 with kernel 3.0.8-gcef0b8e....

I installed this Light Elf 2.6.0 Android ICS 4.0.4 without a hiccup or problem at all. When I rebooted, it is still showing Android 4.0.3 build# 20120926
It appears nothing's changed ??

Hi

LightELF is a 4.0.4 + JB patches so...

In recovery clear everything first, data/apps media all of it.

Then flash to light elf 2.6.0 twice just to be sure ?

Sorry I really don't know what to say maybe you could take some pictures of you flashing it?

e46m3

Feb 12, 2013
Should I do a full Titanium backup? What do I backup to preserve and be able to restore my current desktop apps?

edit:
Ok, I did a data, cache partition and media partition wipe and reinstalled LE 2.6.0 from sd card. I did this twice already.
Upon reboot my screen reverted to default desktop and Chinese language. I swtiched lang to English and browse settings > About. It is still Android 4.0.3, build# 20120926, kernel 3.0.8.gcef0b8e...

Any more ideas??

edit2:
my mistake, i downloaded the gapps.modx.signed.zip. im downloading the lightelf260final.signed.zip now and install it. will report back. my apologies.

Last edited:

e46m3

Feb 12, 2013
ok the LE 2.6.0 install worked and went pretty quick and smoothly. I've restored all my frequently used apps and they all worked.

In settings > About, I see 4.0.4 and LE 2.6.0 FINAL but I still see the old Kernel version: 3.0.8.gcefob8-..... Not sure if that's good, bad, neither ?

Last thing, I have both Settings>Display>Auto-rotate and Settings>Accessibility>Auto-rotate both CHECKED,
and Homescreen Settings>Behaviour Settings>Screen Orientation on "Auto Rotate", but my screen doesnt auto-rotate. Furrther, I downloaded and ran BMA calibration and another autorotate app, my screen still wont autorotate. Not sure what else to do to fix this :)

Other than above quirks, everything looks good. Thanks.

mindrider

Feb 18, 2013
Hello tragidy!

First, I would like to thank you for this ROM. I've just flashed this but it seems that I can't seem to view 3e recovery. One poster said that they saw the recovery for a few milliseconds. Hope you could help me with this

Thanks in advance

androidgamer

Feb 18, 2013
please help me!!my battery meter is stuck at 100%..i;ve been using this rom for almost 1 month and it was perfect.. please...

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Version 2.6.1
Cumulative Update Package

• New MALI Driver final fantasy dimensions supported!
  • APEX swapped for 4.2.2 laucher
  • 4.2.2 sync of apps possible..
  • dalvik adjustments
  • updates to out of date apk in general
  • Fixed 3e recovery issues

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Tragidy had a disagreement with another developer on the site. Unfortunately rather then behave in a logical manner he threatened to sue us for allowing this developer to use our website. I do not take kindly to threats of any kind, and since we provide this website as a service to the community I see no reason to do so.

Our lawyers have advised us to cease any dealings with him and as such we have banned his account. He is not welcome on this site. Unfortunately I can't go into detail, suffice it to say that the community will be better off in the long term, IMHO.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

heroslayer

Oct 21, 2012
Tragidy had a disagreement with another developer on the site. Unfortunately rather then behave in a logical manner he threatened to sue us for allowing this developer to use our website. I do not take kindly to threats of any kind, and since we provide this website as a service to the community I see no reason to do so.

Our lawyers have advised us to cease any dealings with him and as such we have banned his account. He is not welcome on this site. Unfortunately I can't go into detail, suffice it to say that the community will be better off in the long term, IMHO.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

From whats been posted on XDA and Google Dev zone it would appear that tragic had Tapatalk being pirated and hes furious about it as the website owners here did nothing about it, id be pissed too he spends lots of time developing apps.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009

heroslayer

Oct 21, 2012
Update from tragidy on deving today all hopei s not lost

Somewhere on the world wide web.....
Undisclosed location, March 16th 2013

Dorkfiles had a chance to catch up with tragidy, get some paperwork done and boom its done, we have tragidy as a dedicated dorkfiles developer he will be making his roms release back on dorkfiles.com from now and into the forseeable future.

We had a chance to talk with tragidy in an exclusive interview.

Dorkfiles: Glad to have you with us today, how are things in the developer world?

Tragidy: Thanks I am happy to be here :D As always (developing is) up in arms can’t develop fast enough for the masses who want compatibility packs for my roms.

Dorkfiles: Do you have a new project you want to tell the world about?

Tragidy: Yes, Indeed as many of you know the Allwinner A31 project on my end was cancelled and the tablet was donated to a charitable cause, however thanks to the many supporters and you (censored) I now have an official developer board from Allwinner the prototype build if you will, so to start since I am familar with the AMPE lineup I will be releasing an all new Android 4.2.2 ROM for devices using the Allwinner Chipset.

Dorkfiles: Excellent when can we expect to see a flashable ROM?

Tragidy: …....... soon.

Dorkfiles: Ok we will ease up on the pressure we understand you are a very busy developer and that you work until perfection can be attained, so do you have anything you want to say to the masses that will be reading this on the world wide web?

Tragidy: I support and love all of you, without you I am nothing.

Dorkfiles: Thanks Trag.

Tragidy: Anytime

You can expect to see tragidys work, posts and more showing up in his very own section on dorkfiles.com very soon.

Source - Tragidy Android ROMS Are Back Dork Files ;)