[ROM] Generic Rockchip 7" Android 1.5 Tablet RK2808a Firmware Guide

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Full specs and more pictures here

Before attempting to flash any firmware onto your device, please verify that you have a matching device.
There has been at least 5 mainboard revisions for this device. Externally, they look identical.

Firmware flashing guide post 2

Should look similar to this, and has a Rockchip processor. It will also be running Android 1.5:
r79e2.png

Utopia models
Batch 1) 5V Input Voltage, Red Power Indicator Light, No Camera, Plastic Casing Only

Batch 2) 5V Input Voltage, Red Power Indicator Light, Front-Facing Camera, Plastic or Metallic Casing
Batch 3) 9V Input Voltage, Blue Power Indicator Light, Front-Facing Camera, Plastic Casing Only
Downloadable firmwares
Official release firmwares are available here:
Downloads - apad-irobot - Project Hosting on Google Code
Unlabeledreleases are for batch 2.

Hybrid firmwares by Rogerbraun for batch 2: SlateDroid - The BIGGEST Android Tablet Forum on the Web!

Hybrid firmware by me for batch 2: HybridKangXau
Discuss here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-firmware-batch-2-rockchip-7-apad-irobot.html

Other models:
Batch 2/3 intermediate Sample Batches) 5V Input Voltage, Blue Power Indicator Light, Front-Facing Camera, Plastic Casing, iWeb box

Downloadable firmwares
0630, firmware supplied by HiApad: BlueLED_RK2808a_SampleBatch_0630CN.zip - apad-irobot - Blue LED RK2808A Sample Batch Compatible Firmware 0630CN, NOT FOR BATCH 3 - Project Hosting on Google Code

TabletStoreUK Hybrid firmwares types 1 and 2 (might work for others): Support - The Tablet Store

Batch 3 from Moonse) 9V Input Voltage, Red Power Indicator Light, Front-Facing Camera, Metallic Casing Only

I have seen multiple reports of this revision bricking upon flashing firmware. It is best NOT to flash anything if you have this revision.

Anyways this is a mess. Apparently on some devices, shipping firmware is 0612, meaning that you can use batch 3 firmware.

Downloadable firmwares
0802, firmware kindly supplied by HiApad: Multiupload

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
How to for batch 1&2:
Apad iRobot Firmware Update Tool (update.img) » HiApad

Use the tool mentioned above with the downloaded .img file to flash.

Here's a video of how it is done, using another tool. The method is similar.
watch

For 9v models, the firmware flash mode is different
from Asure on Slatedroid

1. Power switch off
2. insert top USB to PC
3. Power switch on, nothing happens, this is ok
4. press & hold menu
5. press & hold power
6. keep pressing & holding both, the device is detected
7. press the flash button in the rock usb flasher..

It stays in loader mode, as long as you keep pressing the buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:

stef

Oct 15, 2010
im using mid 701 android pad...with 9v input Voltage, Red Power Indicator Light, Front-Facing Camera..my android is v1.7.4 can you please help me re flash my unit?because my unit has no apps market installed and even i change the language onmy unit everytime i use it its still in chines language...please help me with this matter..tahnx!

jamiros

Nov 8, 2010
Hello xaueious,

I'm not asking for help just information. I just bought a Chinaleap M1 Smartpad with RK2808 firmware 1.5, rockchip version 1.2.7, kernel 2.6.25... I have been looking for a way to update the firmware to 2.2 or 2.1 but I don't know if that's a good idea... Do you suggest I should do the update?

Thanks in Advance!

galgo13

Feb 2, 2011
Hi Guys, I have a ASK 711 SP also know as "Ask Internet Smart Pad" ( details here:ASK COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY CO. --MP3¡¢MP4¡¢MP5¡¢Mobile Phone¡¢Digital Photo Frame¡¢SD card¡¢USB Flash Disk¡¢Others ) its a Rockchip based tablet. (similar to the so called "smartPad" )

2 questions,

1) is it possible to remove all the Chinese bloatware/apps that comes with it, do I need to unroot uninstall the apps I don't want then re root, if so how do I do it with this model?

2) I am stuck on android firmware (cupcake) 1.5, which is basically obsolete now as most of the new apps and games wont run on this outdated OS. Is there anyway to update this model to at least 1.6 or better still 2.2?

Many thanks in advance (noobie tablet-er)

Phillip_J_Fry

Feb 9, 2011
Hi Guys i have read all this post and others about how to fix and Apad even a Mp4 or Mp5 device... First of all thanks all for your support patient and time. Thanks a lot.

The procedures that you mentions doesnt work to me .. ( Basically My Apad Isn’t recognize for my pc , even using the procedure of the second entry of xaueious) .. I have try this. .even the short circuit into the flash device but my apad doesn’t respond.

This is my situation, i bought a Moonse Apad E7001 with red led and plastic wrap, i used this device very well for 4 moths , I just have little problems like an usb port #1 doesn’t work , when i plugged the hedphones the apad turn off , the apad also turned off if I pressed a little with my hand in the power button area, Well wasn’t perfect but still the apad worked

i let it used for a week sort of .. and the moment when i decided turn on , my apad just got black and won't boot. In the pass i fixed this pushing very hard the power button,. but this method stop working anymore, desperate I just started pushing the power button too hard that i break it. . so i decided to open to fix the power button that I suspect was the problem

After take time to search on internet ,… well I released very late (after open the device and remove the power button ), that wasn’t the power button problem or a hardware problem instead a software fail or firmware fail so like I said before I’ll tried the xaueious steps ( but just pressing the menu button, like the youtube video says ) , tried the short cort circuit,.. Nothing

I’am actually trying a battery drain ( i have read this in another forum ) but the apad battery don’t uncharge, I guess cause I have a month trying this (let It keeping the power button on ), when a put a wire in the power button the apad turn’s black or make a tiny flash

I posted a pictures of my apad device, please take a look.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting apad opened with a little description

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting apad opened power button zone

TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL apad opened back screen

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting apad opened screen and body

Thanks you all for your support or suggestion.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I don't really how how to fix these things, but the reliability of these unbraded RK2808 tablets was terrible. I think the failure rate is over 50% by now.

Wildchild

Jun 24, 2011
after flashing "Wi-Fi Mac Address is unavailable how do i solve this? my older version is Yuixing and after flashing it was Ruixing
anyone here have the Yuixing FW

kitkat143

Aug 31, 2011
Dear Admin,

I have an Epad 9v- 1.2 version. I want to upgrade it to the highest version that the market now has, can it be possible? I cannot play the videos correctly, It gets stuck at some point of time. I think the RAM cannot hold a lot of memory.

If so, please e-mail me back at [email protected]. PLease send me the right files as well. I have a hard time finding the right link. There are so many and maybe I will be wrong.

Waiting for your response.

dvstdor

May 3, 2012
How to for batch 1&2:
Apad iRobot Firmware Update Tool (update.img) » HiApad

Use the tool mentioned above with the downloaded .img file to flash.

Here's a video of how it is done, using another tool. The method is similar.
watch

For 9v models, the firmware flash mode is different
from Asure on Slatedroid

my irobot brikou, no longer recognizes the pc (usb) how can I do recognize it again? mine is a tablet irobot rk 2808A. silver (plastic) two usb, red light, I saw something about making a short on flash.
if possible show me the correct firmware.
Sorry my English because I am Brazilian. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

dvstdor

May 3, 2012
my irobot brikou, no longer recognizes the pc (usb) how can I do recognize it again? mine is a tablet irobot rk 2808A. silver (plastic) two usb, red light, I saw something about making a short on flash.
if possible show me the correct firmware.
Sorry my English because I am Brazilian. Thank you.

I managed to recognize more than one error and does not go, mine is a red LED 9v has a difference in the recovery procedure?

dvstdor

May 3, 2012
I managed to recognize and to install without error, but then gets caught in the doll ends of Linux, have to unplug the USB cable after it ends to continue? or other procedure? or leave it connected it continues to do the installation