xKurzx

Apr 21, 2011
aha i have CWM working again n i will try to at least re download everything

would like to get this working through CWM would be a huge help

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Oh, wonderful. :) Which bootloader are you on by the way, 1.1 or 1.2? Sounds like 1.2? I'd still try to nvflash 4349 (and also repartition...are you cool with that?) to make sure you start with a clean slate.

-Matt

xKurzx

Apr 21, 2011
i think i still have bootloader 1.1

the CWM is working which made me happy but nothing else is just been able to load CWM

and i have repartitoned twice i will try again hopefully in a couple hours

n matt is there a simple more OS specfic NVFlash [How to] cause i tryed that but got confused along the way

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Yeah I try to avoid referring androidtablets users to other how-tos but the one I posted above is from the "horse's mouth". :) Like I said, I really know the Win process, so I'll also avoid giving you Mac advice!

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010

xKurzx

Apr 21, 2011
Done i am at 1.2 4349 Mydave put a zip which was crazily easy to update to 1.2 with MAJOR THANKS

so wats Next Good sir

ozgolith

Nov 23, 2011
As an update to this thread in case someone else runs across it with the same issues stated in a few of the posts. If you are seeing what others reported where you boot and it looks like a quick update is happening but when TapnTap loads you are still at 1.1 the COMMAND file name issue is likely your problem.

I don't use Windows except for browser testing and trying to use a Windows VM as directed is what screwed me up. I realized after the fact that no matter what I did Windows kept naming the COMMAND file COMMAND.txt which will not work. Checking properties in Windows showed me it didn't have an extension but it did. Notepad added it and no matter what I couldn't seem to get Windows to show me that it was named COMMAND.txt.

After going through the process I didn't see any reason I couldn't do this under OSX so I retraced the steps and sure enough when I mounted the Tablet the file was named COMMAND.txt so all I had to do was rename it to get it to bootup under ClockWorkMod and finish the update. Change the file name and viola, everything worked as expected.

Thanks for the posts, I wish someone would edit the original post to reflect the much needed change about the specifics to the COMMAND file name.

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Link is now invalid is there another link? mydave can you update this link please?

bjmarler

Aug 3, 2012
As an update to this thread in case someone else runs across it with the same issues stated in a few of the posts. If you are seeing what others reported where you boot and it looks like a quick update is happening but when TapnTap loads you are still at 1.1 the COMMAND file name issue is likely your problem.

I don't use Windows except for browser testing and trying to use a Windows VM as directed is what screwed me up. I realized after the fact that no matter what I did Windows kept naming the COMMAND file COMMAND.txt which will not work. Checking properties in Windows showed me it didn't have an extension but it did. Notepad added it and no matter what I couldn't seem to get Windows to show me that it was named COMMAND.txt.

After going through the process I didn't see any reason I couldn't do this under OSX so I retraced the steps and sure enough when I mounted the Tablet the file was named COMMAND.txt so all I had to do was rename it to get it to bootup under ClockWorkMod and finish the update. Change the file name and viola, everything worked as expected.

Thanks for the posts, I wish someone would edit the original post to reflect the much needed change about the specifics to the COMMAND file name.

Wow, Thank you SO MUCH for this correction. I was banging my head for hours trying to figure out why I could not get my GTab to update from 1 to 2. Thank you again!

Mods, please update/change the original directions so others do not have this same problem. Basically the original directions state to create a "COMMAND.txt" file. This is very missleading as most readers will assume they can use Notepad which does add the .txt extension to the end of the file created. What should be said is to create a "COMMAND" text file with a program like Notepad++ and be sure to name it ONLY COMMAND, DO NOT name it COMMAND.txt.