ROM Manager and CM7 - Stable and Available

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
That's a lot more clear.

What's the advantage of using CM7 than other version of Harmony ROM?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
CM7 (the newest version that's stable and on Rom Manager is actually CM 7.0.2) is a rom that is put together by a group of programers that take VERY deliberate steps to cover all aspects of the rom development... it's very smooth and operates great.. IMO.. it's a newer version of android (Gingrerbread 2.3.3) where the previous version of Harmony was a FRYO 2.2.1 build... some inhancements were included in CM7 roms for tablet specific devices... haven't tried very many roms really.. the one to ask about the nuanced differences in roms would be one of the moderators.. but CM7 suits my needs great... but there are other gingerbread roms out there...

Like all roms... if you're curious... try it... just make sure you make a back up of your current rom before you do.. that way you can go back if you don't like it...

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
Installed and it boots fine.

1. It seems to have problem with widget upon reboot. It shows "Problem loading widget". I can remove and add new widget. But reboot, back to the same problem

2. Astro SMB module won't work, causing Astro to crash. Anyone has a fix?

3. How do I bring up the alerts and clear them in upper left corner?

4. Thumb keyboard crashes. Any fix?

5. Where can I find advanced wireless control to turn off Wi-Fi when screen goes off?

Thanks!

Last edited:

DriodNewb

May 17, 2011
Hi, I'm nothing more than just a complete newb with droid stuff.
I recently bought a gtablet and was wondering if I could mod it with CM7 using only a 1gb SD card?

I downloaded CM7 and it was less than 90mb so I am assuming this is okay, I just don't want to be surprised by any expanding data while Im in the middle of installing it.

So am I good to go with a 1gb SD card?

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
Installed and it boots fine.

1. It seems to have problem with widget upon reboot. It shows "Problem loading widget". I can remove and add new widget. But reboot, back to the same problem

2. Astro SMB module won't work, causing Astro to crash. Anyone has a fix?

3. How do I bring up the alerts and clear them in upper left corner?

4. Thumb keyboard crashes. Any fix?

5. Where can I find advanced wireless control to turn off Wi-Fi when screen goes off?

Thanks!

1. I had the same issue when I moved a number of my widgets to the sdcard. The one's running off the sdcard took MUCH longer to load. Give it a good couple of minutes and see if that is the problem.

2. Can't answer, sorry.

3. Swipe down from the top and you should see a "Clear" button. When I swipe from the bottom (I have my notifications at the bottom), the clear button is in the bottom left.

4. Can't answer that, I use SlideIT keyboard which is similar to Swype.

5. I use a free app called wifi buddy which has a couple of simple options for wifi sleep - though I set mine to never sleep.

BTW - I'm running CM7 version 7.0.3 and it is very stable.

richbutler1

Jun 24, 2011
Maybe one of you who were successful in CM7.0.3 and Gapps install can give me some guidance.
  1. I backed up my old rom and app (TiB)
  2. Followed the wiki instructions (didn't note my baseband prior but was an older Gtab from Woot's first wave and prior to those later rom versions that were problematic)
  3. Everyhting appeared fine in CM7, booted ok
  4. after first boot went back and installed gapps following manual clockwork mod steps
  5. No dice, no apps, no install
  6. Went into accounts & sync to try to add an account, only got option to add an exchange account?!?
  7. Added the vold...zip that swaps the reference to the emmc and sdcard location I think
  8. still no dice, checked the apps in the system/apps folder and those in the gapps package are nowhere to be found
  9. Tried to install gapps using ROManager in CM7 and now Clockworkmod doesn't even come up when holding the vol+ during pwerup (though it shows 'Recovery key detected' on boot) nothing happens
Should I just try from scratch and go back to the 3588 rom, then step through the steps here: New Article on Technology | Bishop of Technology

Your advice is really appreciated!

raywaldo

Feb 22, 2011
Yep. Rich. If you clear everything off and start fresh using my instructions, you should not have any problems. Be sure to flash BOTH the CM7 rom and the GAPPS rom before you reboot.