ROM Manager and CM7 - Stable and Available

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
From the CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution site which of the three files is the corrct one to use??? I would think cm.harmony-full-38.zip but what is the update-cm 7.0.0-harmony-signed.zip file. would really love to get t6his rockin tonight.

Mar 24, 2011
From the CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution site which of the three files is the corrct one to use??? I would think cm.harmony-full-38.zip but what is the update-cm 7.0.0-harmony-signed.zip file. would really love to get t6his rockin tonight.

No, it's the update-cm 7.0.0 that you want, it's labeled 'stable' the others are 'nightly' versions...
Here's the md5 : 8dd813d7955352a8578125415cfaee47

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I must say, thus far... this is probably the best rom I've seen on the gtab... a little odd dealing directly with the sdcard verses internal memory again... i was just getting accustom to working with it set up the other way, lol ... this will be a lot easier in the long run though...

Last edited:

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
Loaded this up tonight and I have to say it's very well done. Nice features, looks nice. So far I'm glad I made the change!

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
Installed Clockwork recovery and CM7 from rom manager, the only problem is that you still have to press the volume + key to get into recovery, otherwise no problems installing from rom manager, and running along nice and smooth, love the tablet mods put into CM7. The only thing i've done to alter the rom so far is install vtl launcher instead of adw and place the notification bar on the bottom. Quandrant score of 2035

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So glad everyone is enjoying! Has anyone had any force close issues?

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
Only problem I've had so far is that navigation keeps dissapearing, but that has happened on all the gingerbread roms for me so far.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am actually having an issue with AmazonMP3 not working. It looks like it is going to start, then just doesnt load. Anyone have this?

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
just installed it and opened fine, logged into cloud drive and playing my music from there fine.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Too funny, I don't have any issues with navigation, in fact it is working better than I ever had it before. Guess it is always something.

EDIT -- So, I was looking through other things on my tablet and realized that I had the language setting set to MD-English (Not sure why...). Once I changed this to US-English Amazon MP3 Market started working.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Triune

Nov 29, 2010
Flashed last night - no issues so far. Works great. Did the mod to the vold.fstab, and it works to the extent of allowing me to see the internal card when doing a USB connection, however, won't load the external card now, sigh. Understood now this is an issue with Gingerbread roms.

Landshark

Mar 30, 2011
stupid question:

assuming ROM Manager install (Method 1) isn't working, and using Method 2 ......

"Second Method (via Recovery)
  1. Download the latest version of CyanogenMod. Optional: Download the Google Apps for the device.
  2. Place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of the SD card. Optional: Place the Google Apps .zip on the root of the SD card also"

do you need to have an SD card to do this? it won't work placing the files on the internal storage? (i don't have a SD card for the gtab yet ......)

thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
yeah.. it'll allow you to do it via the internal storage.... BUT keep in mind this rom realocates the intenal "sdcard" as a emmc partition.. and the real sdcard as what it is... so if you flash form this rom you'll have to have an sdcard... any files you have on the internal sd can be copied over to the sdcard after you get the rom set up... i had to pull in all my backups from clockwork to the sd

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
Ok, yesterday everything was working fine. Today, I decided to shutdown the tablet instead of sleep and took it with me to a clients. Started it up and it won't get past the cyanogen flash screen.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Ok, yesterday everything was working fine. Today, I decided to shutdown the tablet instead of sleep and took it with me to a clients. Started it up and it won't get past the cyanogen flash screen.

hmm---have you gotten it to boot past it yet? I know that occasionally this can take 5 mins on a reboot after a flash, is this the FIRST time since the flash?