Root Trouble - Clockwork Recover

eruby

May 17, 2011
This process worked. I've now got ClockWorkMod Recovery installed.
Thanks all for all the help.

eruby

May 17, 2011
now i really screwed up. did my backup then decided to do the hc upgrade from tipster. downloaded the zip file and followed the instructions. when i tried to reboot at the end, all i get is the white coby screen - nothing else. tried to restore my backup and i'm getting a md5 mismatch also getting e: can't mount /dev/block/mtfblock5 been searching for a fix but right now i'm hosed. i can't boot so i can't even turn off the tablet. all i can do is to boot into clockworkmod recovery (holding the silver button) or the white coby logo (without holding the silver button). if anyone can help me, please do. thanks.

Apr 28, 2011
now i really screwed up. did my backup then decided to do the hc upgrade from tipster. downloaded the zip file and followed the instructions. when i tried to reboot at the end, all i get is the white coby screen - nothing else. tried to restore my backup and i'm getting a md5 mismatch also getting e: can't mount /dev/block/mtfblock5 been searching for a fix but right now i'm hosed. i can't boot so i can't even turn off the tablet. all i can do is to boot into clockworkmod recovery (holding the silver button) or the white coby logo (without holding the silver button). if anyone can help me, please do. thanks.

If you can still boot into clockworkmod, then backup from your original backup. It should work.

Sent from my ATZ 7015/7015A HONEYCOMB V13.0-B20 ACADEV using Android Tablet Forum

eruby

May 17, 2011
This is where I need some serious help. If I understand correctly, I boot into Clooworkdmod, scroll down to "Backup/Restore" then Restore then pull up my current backup. When I do this, the 1st thing I see at the bottom is:
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.3
Checking MD5 sums...
MD5 mismatch!

then nothing. I need someone to help me get this past this part. I cannot turn off my tablet. It is either in the ClockworkMod Recovery mode or when I do a standard boot, it locks on the white Coby screen. I just have to wait on the battery to wear down to shut it off.

Can anybody help me?? Please??
Thanks,
Eric

Apr 28, 2011
In clockworkmod, there is an option to wipe data/factory reset. If you have not already tried this, do it. You will lose your data, but from what your saying, nothing is working, so this is a probable option. If that doesnt work, also try to wipe cache partition. I am not sure what that does, but it probably just wipes the cache saved on the device, if the error was in the cache of the device, that may be your problem. If those dont work, I would do any other wipe ____ that you can on the device, just go to the advanced tab. If none of those work, then I am not sure what to do, but I will keep thinking.

eruby

May 17, 2011
I wiped cashe partition. When I try to wipe data/factory reset, I'm still getting the MD5 Mismatch and the Can't Mount /dev/block/mtdblock5 errors.

What can I do next?