Can't upgrade Nook software with Clockwork Recovery installed

Electric

Apr 1, 2012
I meant to install CyanogenMod and its loader only on the memory card, but it seems to have insinuated itself onto the device itself. Now I'm having battery rundown issues when I'm using the Nook software, so I want to upgrade to 1.4. So I copy the 1.4 image to the root of the device and it reboots as part of the installation process. The problem is that on reboot, Clockwork Recovery gives me an exclamation point symbol because it doesn't like the MD5 of the file or something and I can't upgrade.

Help!

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
So to get this straight you were trying to create a bootable CM7 sd card correct? Did you follow these instructions http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html or something else? Have you ever tried to do anything to the internal memory, root, install Clockwork Mod Recovery or anything else?

When you are trying to update to B&N 1.4 are you booting with the bootable CM7 sd card installed? You must power down and then remove any inserted SD card. Then try and boot normally if you haven't tried to change anything on the internal memory. This should boot to regular stock B&N. Of course if you have tried other things this might not be the case.

Electric

Apr 1, 2012
So to get this straight you were trying to create a bootable CM7 sd card correct? Did you follow these instructions http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html or something else? Have you ever tried to do anything to the internal memory, root, install Clockwork Mod Recovery or anything else?

When you are trying to update to B&N 1.4 are you booting with the bootable CM7 sd card installed? You must power down and then remove any inserted SD card. Then try and boot normally if you haven't tried to change anything on the internal memory. This should boot to regular stock B&N. Of course if you have tried other things this might not be the case.

Thanks for the reply. I do not remember what instructions I followed; they were the best I could find 4 months ago. The intention was to make a bootable CM7 card without modifying the Nook, but something clearly got installed on the Nook because the behaviour I am seeing happens without any card inserted. In its present state, it boots into the Nook software without an SD card inserted, and CM7 with the card inserted.

Electric

Apr 1, 2012
Thanks. I cannot seem to boot into recovery mode although I have flashed it with Rom Manager. Can I install RecoveryFix.zip by using the "Install ROM from SD card" command in Rom Manager?