Rooted Nook doesn't run Nook app

Klippy

Sep 13, 2011
My nook was just rooted a couple of days ago so I am not sure if I can go back to the Old Market - does anyone have a suggestion what I can do?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
My nook was just rooted a couple of days ago so I am not sure if I can go back to the Old Market - does anyone have a suggestion what I can do?

Yes you can go back to the old Market or you can make the suggested changes to the build prop or lcd density app to get the new Market to work. There are several threads about how to do this already so try a search.

mybidda

Jan 6, 2012
I believe it has to do with the new upgraded Marketplace. I found that if I reverted to the old Marketplace app, it would allow me to install the Nook and Kindle app.

To revert to the old Marketplace:

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications then select Market.

In the new window that opens up, hit the button "Uninstall updates" It will ask you if you want to uninstall all updates to the system application. Select OK. It will ask you again if you want to uninstall the update. Select OK. After it finishes, select OK.

I am new to cm7, and rooting the nook color. Have followed tutorials in setting it up to Micro sd card to dual boot.
I have the same problem: 'Your device isn't compatible with this item'

I tried this. Now when in the market the kindle, nook and many other apps I want don't even show up.
What to do? Perhaps I should start over.
If so which files would be best to use so I don't have problems with market or any other problems.

Thanks, mybidda

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
[Q] Cannot update multiple installed apps, is it the new market? - Page 13 - xda-developers

Posting my results, might help someone

Preface: NC running cm7 7.1.0 rc-1 on sandisk cl4 16gb card with 0.5 random write, 32 queue depth... See my post in the sd card performance topic

Downloaded and installed lcd density app
Choose 160 dpi
Choose reboot via first option, kill
After rebooting, run market
Notice its still broken
Goto running app/services
Kill 2 market services
Goto installed app list
Force quit market app
Clear datad
Run market
Accept
Full market front screen with movies, books, apps, etc

Was able to update 12 apps that didnt have update icons since i downloaded new market app.
I just did that, so i will post back if it has problems and or stops working in the future

Update: i went to the market somewhere between 12-24hours later and it randomly asked me to accept again. I did and it was broken again. Did clear data and went back to the market and it worked again. After rebooting, doig the same process does not fix the market. But i just looked and the lcd density must have reset when i rebooted. I wonder why it did not save the change permanently?

From what I am reading this can be a temporary fix. Haven't tried it out yet myself.

Last edited: