Rooting MID7015

carma42

Feb 13, 2011
I got a Kyros off ebay and I love the thing and it works perfect. I am wanting to to a rom backup like I did on my android phone through rom manager, but I don;t know if I can get rom manager and hit clockwork recovery and then boot into recovery through that app and do a backup without messing something up. This is only a problem/question because I don't know what the guy before me used to root it. It is rooted 100% though. Any help on not screwin myself by just trying to do a backup would be great.

Power off and then power back on holding the silver button and see if clockwork is installed. If it is you can backup from there.

Sent from my SPH-M900

I am not seeing clockwork when I boot into that console. All I see is the android recovery that looks like the stock update console but I know I am rooted....

But if I do the clockwork mod now that I am already rooted will it matter?

I guess the real question I should be asking is do I need clockwork mod to do a rom backup?

It would be nice to do a backup and move on from this topic because the dang thing works perfect as is. I just want to have a safety net in case something bad happens.

I guess the real question I should be asking is do I need clockwork mod to do a rom backup?

I don't know if there is other way to do it. What I do know is that by installing clockwork you can do a backup that can restore any tablet that can boot (as in get to POST, as far as I understand it). And speaking of that... I'm about to do my first restore... got a little overzealous deleting bloatware and it got... unstable... :rolleyes:

Back